Roger Hayden Retiring

Discussion in 'General' started by rcarson15, Jul 31, 2018.

1. KWyman133

KWyman133 Well-Known Member

Broke is an illusion... there’s always a way

@Chaotic - we played cards against humanity with both our family’s the night before our wedding :crackup:

Yeah I think I scored the jackpot...

And...

Roger did too. Dana is a great girl, love the two of them. She is behind him no matter what he wants to do, much like Hannah is for me. Congrats to Roger on a great career. Now let me have a go on that zook :D

Gino230, jd41, Steeltoe and 6 others like this.
  2. Mot Okstef

Mot Okstef Living on the Island of Misfit Toys

I remember the first time I saw Roger at Mid Ohio in the early 90's. Tommy and Nicky were already racing pro and I think Roger was too young at that point. Anyway, he was riding his pit bike around the paddock and looked pissed off because he wasn't racing on the track. That little dude never stood still the entire weekend, either riding around on his pit bike, or pacing back and forth in the garage and pits. LOL! Look at him now! :D

Congrats to him on his career and retirement. I'm sure he'll stay involved in the sport in some way, shape or form. :cool:

3. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

That's when I saw him too. A friend and I got him to sign Nicky's poster, he was riding the Hypercycle Suzuki's at the time.

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

From riding? I don't think so but your call based on a lot of factors. From running the team? Oh hell no.

KWyman133 likes this.
  5. JTRC51

JTRC51 El Speedy Gonzalez

No way dude, I like seeing your wife on TV ;)

Also, you need to chase that factory bike/ride so NO RETIREMENT FOR YOU!!!

Gorilla George and KWyman133 like this.
  6. KWyman133

KWyman133 Well-Known Member

It was rhetorical for sure!!! I didn't come this far to only come this far. We've had a weird year so far with technical glitches and nagging injuries but we're still in the hunt, got four more rounds to go.

ZimZam, 5axis, cav115 and 10 others like this.
  7. JTRC51

JTRC51 El Speedy Gonzalez

I was being facetious but I get what you mean, I've had friends sell all their toys when marriage happened but others have their spouses back them 110% with their hobby/profession. Mine does :)

stk0308, SGVRider and grasshopper like this.
  8. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

I bitch popped the other one. Papa said wrong thread. Oh well, I'll call it a tie and they BOTH get bitch popped!

[​IMG]

assjuice cyrus likes this.
  9. 418

418 Expert #59

I suppose it's time for a new avatar.

End of a era.

10. Phanuel

Phanuel Well-Known Member

11. Joe Remi

Joe Remi Well-Known Member

I'll see you at Sonoma. Get after it!

12. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

We’re from the same general area of geography (Syracuse for me - I gotta come check out your shop one of these days!) and I watch for you each race. Keep on keepin’ on!!!

KWyman133 likes this.
  13. 418

418 Expert #59

Yosh posted a pic on IG of Rog back when he was getting all the hoes.

Capture+_2018-08-02-16-21-11-1.png

14. Cam Morehead

Cam Morehead Husband, Dad, Racer

Bitter sweet race weekend at Barber. Roger is going to be missed. What a great attitude this young man has..... Hope lots can make it out to see him off.

cav115 likes this.
  15. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

Has Yosh made any indication on their choice?

16. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

I remember the photo that Cycle News published of him in his room with all the racing posters. Tommy and Nicky could race AMA but Roger was not of age.

17. racesbikes

racesbikes WTB a Size 50/60 Race Suit

When I was at Brno, Sylvan Guintoli had the hotel room next to me and was a MotoGP wildcard.

Really nice guy.

stk0308 and 418 like this.
  18. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

Seriously. I feel like the MotoA silly season is quiet but active as hell. Kinda like in WSBK how domino's didn't really start falling until Rea re-signed for Kawasaki.

Officially speaking, Gerloff is the only one of the "Factory Four" that already has a deal for next year, right?

19. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

20. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

418 likes this.