Frivolous lawsuit against Keigwins trackday organization:gofundme link

Discussion in 'General' started by duc995, Mar 13, 2018.

1. Woofentino Pugr

Woofentino Pugr Well-Known Member

Think its a county park.

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That sucks, I could see the county selling it.

3. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

County Park (technically a Recreation Area).

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Would it be easy for the county to sell to a developer? I'd think probably not out there but the money people could trump the hippies :D

glass likes this.
  5. rabbit73

rabbit73 Scheiße

A developer would be all over it. The land is worth millions. Maybe billions. The county probably won't sell it, but the track will become defunct. I've gone to WSBK every year since I moved here. It's amazing. Bucket list was to ride the track and I'm glad I got to do it. Even took the Rossi line through the corkscrew on my very first lap. No picture or video can ever convey what it's actually like to make that drop.

They never reinvested in the facilities and infrastructure like they could have and it's part of the reason they lost MotoGP. It's also the reason it's in a spiral - less "big" international races means less income. That makes all the rich people super happy because they don't like us dirty hooligans and the noise. Speaking of noise: for those that don't know it used to be an artillery training range. Parts of it are still fenced off with big ass warning signs about unexploded ordinance.

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Amazing to me, too damn brown out there to live. Needs more water :D

7. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

Just read that thread on BARF.....wow, some of those guys are complete fucking morons!

G 97 likes this.
  8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Thought about replying on there and then thought better of it :D

Boman Forklift and ClemsonsR6 like this.
  9. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

Likewise....of course, I could get away with it easier than you.

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah, I'm better off just spouting my shit here :crackup:

11. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

:crackup:

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I do my best to amuse :D

Okay, I do it to amuse me mainly but glad others see it too on occasion :crackup:

13. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

There are other more easily develop-able lands. Haz mat remediation persists as a problem throughout large chunks of old Ft. Ord, and probably on the dry lake as well. Water is the limiting feature with buildout in the county (though they do somehow keep putting in deluxo golf courses all over). The local water agency is in early stages of developing a desal facility, and if you know much about RO production facilities, they ain't cheap.

14. Phanuel

Phanuel Well-Known Member

Getting to and from Laguna is such a pain in the ass on a race weekend though. The roads around it are not designed for the traffic (hence the suit that local jackass has against the track that will not be dismissed about this brother being hit and killed by track traffic).

The roadway around there needs significant increases in capacity and the entrance is a big bottleneck.

I'll keep doing trackdays there if I can until it gets shut down, but it's definitely a "when" situation due to all of the politics.

Sonoma is also a politics driven shitshow for the endless fee increases and complete lack of maintenance as well. At least there aren't onerous db limits yet.

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Agreed, only went there for a medium sized event and wouldn't go for a GP or WSB unless I was working it - and even the preferably with the RV and not leaving the track.

16. G 97

G 97 Garth

First time at Laguna was 1984 for some Kawasaki Ninja intro. It was out in the middle of no where. Desolate rocky dry hilly. Weather was perfect. Sunny No rain nice cool breeze and no insects.

Now the place is surrounded by million dollar houses.

17. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

first thing I said as the plane was landing on my trip to VIR was "holy shit its green out here", hehe.

18. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

justjohn620 and wrx_02 like this.
  19. tecknojoe

tecknojoe Well-Known Member

I thought it said he crashed in turn 3?

Either way, they gotta fix that drainage

20. Phanuel

Phanuel Well-Known Member

There are two different suits going on.

But that drainage ditch is not Keigwin's responsibility at all. That's SCRAMP/Monterey's responsibility.

And that guy crashed because he accelerated waaaaaay too early and never finished turning the bike.