Broken bones missing limbs

Discussion in 'General' started by Greg S, Oct 26, 2016.

1. Greg S

Greg S Well-Known Member

So I got a right leg break 15 years ago and a right pinky break 5 years ago and a left hip tear 1 year ago. All still hurt!!! No collarbones for me but I have landed on both shoulders a few times. What ya got?

2. Lavana

Lavana The coming

Daily back pain that insurance doesn't cover.

Broken ankles.

The worst is my broken finger... I guess it will never heal

3. Oh wow, I'm not sure where to start. I believe total count as of right now is 32 broken bones (3 of which were compound), 4 dislocations and 11 surgeries. Not to mention all of the ligament tears, sprains/strains, concussions, etc. I have more scars than Frankenstein. :D

Hell, I was in a cast 3 times, on crutches twice, in a neck brace twice, and had 1 concussion before i had even made it to 5th grade.

My ortho told me that I am WAY past the point of being told to take it easy and think about my quality of life later on. He said it is already too late for that. He actually told me to live it up and do whatever I want. He said by the time im ready to retire I'll be lucky to get out of bed, so I might as well enjoy life as much as I can till then.

CMRA 270, track wagon and t11ravis like this.
  4. r6boater

r6boater Logged out

Dang Broome, what did you do to get so many broken bones?

For me...I went big...Broken femur when I was 6y/o. 2.5 weeks in traction, 3.5 weeks in a body cast.

SBKBee likes this.
  5. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

Broken pinky (never got fixed, crooked as shit now) was the extent for the first 35 years of my life.

April 18th of this year upped the ante with a broken femur, broken metatarsal, broken metacarpal (rods/metal in all three breaks), and a Grade 4+ shoulder separation (arm is/was barely hanging on to my body via muscles because all the tendons ripped).

6. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

I am pretty good for almost 50 considering I raced motocross when I was younger and then roadracing. Until a year and a half ago I had cracked a couple of ribs, broke a finger playing hockey and broke a toe being drunk and stupid. I definitely got in the game when I broke my scapula, clavicle and 4 ribs all at once though. Turns out old guys really do heal slow...:(

V5 Racer likes this.
  7. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Both collarbones broke and plated, schaphoid in my left wrist. Never broke anything until I was 46 years old. All caused by a bike, well actually falling off one.

8. Greg S

Greg S Well-Known Member

I regret this I think I puked twice so far!!

9. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

The monkey bars at school were unevenly spaced. It explains a lot really. :D

MikeR and r6boater like this.
  10. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Fractured my foot last summer at a boat launch. First & only in 35 years.

11. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

Broome, and I are pretty close to break, numbers.

right ankle twice, left ankle twice (all separate incidents), big toe, left foot.
    every finger, both hands (some multiple times) left wrist, right wrist (broke both bones in the right wrist (over 13 breaks one incident, 2 plates, 6 screws, two surgeries to repair, inc rupturing right thumb tendon due to swelling from the original incident) skiers thumb twice, one each thumb, sucks ass. all fingers, all bent up, cant straighten some out, some crooked as hell.

left collar bone (compound fracture), 4 ribs, right scapula (shoulder blade, two breaks),

3 major concussions, the last of which, I lost 3 days time, memories. still get headache if I get tapped on the top of the head.

both knees,

right, slightly rebuilt (no carillo rods) (medial plication)
    left knee, catastrophic dislocation... (missed a triple on the supermoto, indoor supercross park (with supermotor slicks on), full sbk rebuild, acl, mcl, pcl, meniscus badly damaged (blown out of the capsules), chunk taken out of tibial plateau, cadaver parts to put humpty dumpty back together again. (put an immobilizer on, went to work the next day, after the crash).
    second surgery 5 years after the above rebuild, to fix meniscus again, same left knee.

turn 50 in January, some mornings, I feel like I am 80, already. Celebrex, and robaxial, are great friends. better living through modern pharmaceuticals. :D glad my wife is a Nurse Practitioner, and the chick digs scars. :D Ski

fallrisk, track wagon and Greg S like this.
  12. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

Geez I've actually been meaning to compile this list...

-Broke each collar bone twice(2 on motorcycle 2 playing football in college)
    -Broke my right wrist twice(motorcycle each time)
    -Bruised Liver(Football)
    -Bruised Kidney twice Blood in urine(Motorcycle /football)
    -Tore pectoral muscle off bone (lifting weights)
    -Torn ACL/LCL and minscus (football)
    -Broke three of my transverse process off my spine (fell on ice/concrete step corner into back) this was a very painful recovery.
    -Compression fracture of lower vertbrea (motorcycle)
    -Left foot got ripped off. Broke every bone in my foot and lost all the tissue on top of my foot. Everything pinned back together. Also Had to have muscle transplanted to pump blood from the loss of the soft tissue. 3 weeks in traction. 12 months till I was walking "normal". By far my worst injury. Was a Motorcycle accident on the street guy never saw me in his "blind spot" and pinned me into a metal jersey barrier.
    -several broken fingers (football and motorcycle)

I think that's everything.

Ride safe,
    AAron

Last edited: Oct 26, 2016
    track wagon likes this.
  13. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

I forgot about my scapula, left one, same time as the collarbone. If concussions count, 2 of those too.

14. I have been pretty wreckless my whole life. Football, baseball, basketball, and boxing from 5 years old through college. And I got into alot of fights that weren't sanctioned.

Growing up I had a really bad temper, a really smartass mouth, and an inability to let anything go, let anyone get the last word, or lose at anything. Those things didn't go well together. About half of those broken bones are either below the elbow or on my face.

The rest are sports related. I had already accumulated alot of those injuries before I had even sat on a bike.

ToofPic likes this.
  15. :D

Oddly enough, my first compound fracture was because of Monkey bars.

I was sitting on top of them in kindergarten and went to jump down. Unfortunately they were bolted together rather than welded. A nut/bolt caught on my pants as I was sliding off and flipped me over so I was going towards the ground face down. I instinctually put my right hand out to catch myself and completely destroyed my wrist. Bones broken in half and sticking out everywhere. It was so bad my teacher puked on the playground.

The funny part is that my dad said when he picked me up I refused to cry because my friends and little girlfriend were watching me. :crackup:

16. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

Raced 11 years and hurt my pinkie finger one time I crashed in T3 at Road ATL.

track wagon and 418 like this.
  17. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

Whoa, that's a scary injury.

18. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

No.
    Quite the opposite.

19. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

- nose x2 (boxing once, car crash airbag once)
    - ribs x3 (boxing once, two from mountain biking)
    - left wrist x1 (baseball slide)
    - right wrist x2 (snowboarding once, mountain biking once)
    - left hand x1 (basketball)
    - right foot x1 (jumping over a fence and landing on a rock like a doofus)
    - separated shoulder x1 (mountain biking)

- twisted up my right knee real bad once, then kept jogging and training on it, and made it worse. never went to get it checked out and I kinda don't even really want to know, probably just cartilage. and now that i've watched one of my friends go thru 20 knee surgeries and MRSA and getting his knee fused now, i'm not ever going down that route unless it falls off. bicycles don't hurt it, it doesn't lock up, whatever.
    - surprisingly motorbikes have never really hurt me. i love them and they love me. even getting hit by a car only resulted in a bruised heel and a few other bruises that went away after 2 weeks, no big deal at all.

no concussions, no missing teeth, no permanent disfigurements... doin' ok so far...

20. used2Bfast

used2Bfast Still healing

Hard to remember some of it. Off the top of my head..

7x broken collarbones
    2x -ankles
    7x -back
    2x -neck
    dislocated shoulder
    2x -wrist
    2x -arm
    countless ribs
    countless toes, thumbs, and fingers
    6 front teeth knocked out (all at once)
    broken eye socket
    3x punctured lungs
    lacerated kidney
    lacerated liver
    2x destroyed knees
    2x torn rotator cuffs
    several separated shoulders

All from 2 wheels.

Oh..and I shot myself thru my right leg once lol (.22lr)

Had 2 life flights just a few yrs ago. 3x pair of 1 pc leathers cut off me from 2010-2012 time span.

The end

track wagon likes this.