1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

motorcycle industry slow for 2016??

Discussion in 'General' started by odomcaleb, Jul 27, 2016.

1. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

I got a stellar deal on a 2016 R1 about 2 weeks ago. Local dealer wasn't moving them off the floor, so they knocked down the price.

2. odomcaleb

odomcaleb #529

yeah, if you get it from a distributer it cost more then if you get it right from the manufacture.

they have to make there 20% on the dealers.

3. odomcaleb

odomcaleb #529

that's bc they pay interest on there units that sit on the floor so they whore them out.

4. Robby-Bobby would probably agree with that. :D

5. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

You're a dealer's wet dream. "Hey Chris, we just got in the new Ducati carbon fiber oil filler cap. $350. . . err, what? You want 7 of them? and 10 46mm titanium rear hub sockets? and you want. . ."

Quick, take my money! :D

6. Bruh, come on. As much as you probably hound for pictures and everything needs to be YOUR way you also don't argue, let people do their job and just want to ride your bike. Plus your money is greener than most.

I'm with @Dave K on this one.

7. :crackup:

Ok, yeah that part i can see. But when they actually have to build a bike for me from scratch (off the floor/crate and into a race bike), that wet dream probably turns into a nightmare. :D

8. Yeah, i reckon that part is true.

I hound him for details and pictures, remind him about certain stuff that i like/prefer, ask him if he remembered something, stuff like that. But i dont get involved with the build/work. I let them do their thing. That is what they do. It isnt my place to tell them how to do it.

But that is also because i trust them completely. I dont feel like i have to hound people like Rob or Livengood (or the Kraft's) when they work on my stuff. When they are done with it, it will be right. That is one thing i dont have to worry about.

ekraft84 likes this.
  9. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Yeap, tell them what you want and then leave them alone to do their job.

Gorilla George likes this.
  10. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

All I know is that I've bought 3 $15k+ bikes in the last year... And new leathers, tire warmers, Pitbull stands and numerous other parts...

I'm trying to do my part!! Lol

stk0308, cajun636 and BigBird like this.
  11. odomcaleb

odomcaleb #529

lol you wanna share?????

12. TrackStar

TrackStar www.trackstar1.com

I went through both sides of that. I'm back to 90% retail and 10% service and do the work I want to. Success is measured in many ways, how much money you make isnt the only one. I measure mine in the amount of time I can spend with my kid at the track and still keep the bills paid and money in the bank. Retail affords me that luxury, 50 bikes in line for service doesnt. I'm a one man show with summer part timer, still do close to a mil gross every year and spend 60 or so working days at the track. Fuck being chained to a toolbox, I'll sling helmets and suits then build nice shit when it comes along.

cajun636, BigBird and odomcaleb like this.
  13. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Whores are people too! They need love as much as the rest of us. :D

odomcaleb likes this.
  14. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Kelly ain't heard from you in a while. Glad to hear things are going ok. I thought you was coming East.

15. TrackStar

TrackStar www.trackstar1.com

All is well! Track opened back up life is good!

turbulence likes this.
  16. HMEN

HMEN Well-Known Member

Where in the southeast are you? I and the part manager in the dealer here in Columbus and we have been slow in the sale floor but parts has been doing ok this month. Its been hot as hell lately so ride apparel its been slow moving, hell we are given free track days with a purchase of a suit and nobody have taken the bait yet. We even provide transportation to the track.

Will9465 likes this.
  17. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

ugh...I would hang out at my friends shop, and get those assholes in all the time. Also wanting to finance a $200 tire + mount.

18. odomcaleb

odomcaleb #529

Im in mcdonough. Its been really slow in sales and in parts.

19. Torn7th

Torn7th Well-Known Member

Savannah Ga here . Its been slow everywhere here . Course its also 100 degrees and 100 percent humidity down here. You don't see any bikes on the road at all hardly. About the only time is really early am or late pm. Its brutal on a bike in this weather especially an R1. Ball boiler.

20. jimfowler

jimfowler Well-Known Member

Service department I manage is busy as hell. It's pretty much balls to the wall at our dealership (service-wise) from May-October.