First: Kill All The Lawyers

Discussion in 'General' started by YamRZ350, Feb 16, 2016.

1. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Allude vs. elude
    Elude means to evade or escape from. Allude means to make indirect reference. For example, if say, “I’d love to visit New Orleans, but preferably not in early September,” you might infer that I’m alluding to Hurricane Katrina, which took place in early September.

Similar distinctions apply to these words’ derivatives. Elusion and allusion are sometimes confused, and illusion is in the mix as well.

2. Trunxgp1224

Trunxgp1224 Well-Known Member

I wouldn't think you're alluding to hurricane Katrina because that was in August, not September.

3. R Acree

R Acree Banned

He would have known that if he hadn't been eluding the storm at the time.

Venom51, CMRA 270 and panthercity like this.
  4. Trunxgp1224

I don't even know why it's being brought up.

5. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Someone harbored the illusion that it mattered.

Venom51 likes this.
  6. caferace

caferace No.

The Int'l Peace Officers Convention is in early September.

-jim

7. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Piece. :Poke:

:D

8. CMRA 270

CMRA 270 Comes here for the latest CMRA gossip

Yes

Crappy business practices...does that equal theft?

9. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I'm starting to think this thread and everyone who posted on it is full of beans. So far, not a single lawyer has been killed much less all of them!

10. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

Maybe, maybe not. Do the members not have the right to question these practices?

VFR#52 likes this.
  11. CMRA 270

Sure.

That's not what this is though. We are a racing club. WE run our club: there is no we/they. I am a member. Dennis is a member. Peyton was a member. The way to change things is not to sue your club...and if you don't get elected, decide that it wasn't because you didn't get enough votes, decide that the election was rigged.

I like Peyton...hell, I VOTED FOR HIM. Now however, I know a little more about him and his history. I don't think he's acting honorably nor do I think he's acting in the best interest of the club. He's driven by ego.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2016
  12. 600 dbl are

Could've fooled me.

13. CMRA 270

How's that?

14. inge

inge Between fight or flight, one should choose wisely.

upload_2016-6-2_8-58-1.png

VFR#52 likes this.
  15. CMRA 270

Not sure what that means Peyton.

Probably should provide some context.

I'll grant you are very good at innuendo. You like to play in the areas where people won't or can't comment, for whatever reason, then leverage emotions to your benefit.

Again...you're good.

16. Trunxgp1224

270. Do you really want me to answer these questions? We both know that I've tried asking questions, tough questions. And when I did ask I'm more or less attacked because I'm supposedly in cahoots with Peyton and I'm supposed to already know these answers. You even talked to me after that meeting in Jan and said you'd have no problem going over the P/L again because of how intimidating everyone else present was towards me, etc.

So if you really want me to directly address these comments and questions you've made, just say so and I'll sit down at a computer and do so.

VFR#52 likes this.
  17. CMRA 270

Dennis, if you think it'll help, type away. I offered to go over everything with you and the offer still stands. With that, as I and other friends of you warned..this is a mess you don't want to be involved with. You don't have to be. It's a shit bomb that's going to be messy regardless of what happens.

I volunteered to climb in the middle because I shared many of your same concerns. Now I believe I have a better understanding of what's going on, but we're neck deep in a bs legal tugg of war.

A lot of your concerns are paranoia. Many of them have been addressed here by Sean and others about how clubs work in regards to the gate accounting, bands, track day orgs, etc. We aren't a multi-million dollar operation with lots of employees. Some peeps do double duty. Is it conflict of interest? No. Is it a good business practice for a even a small business? Maybe, maybe not...but again, we're a small club run by US.

You think the club needs a "case study" on track days? You're a member...DO IT. You think you've got a better process of how to account for or run the gate? Build a process and submit it.

Coming to the WERA board to stir the pot about our club is chicken shit. Nothing is going to get fixed here. And except for a few things that I and others are working our assess off to make better, there's just not much that's going to get talked about in public.

18. Racer997

Racer997 Old Skool Racer

My name just got posted, so I have a right to ask. Detail this for me, please. Allen. Deal with me how?

VFR#52 likes this.
  19. CMRA 270

I have no earthly idea what that is or where it came from. I don't know what the context is.

20. 600 dbl are

Seriously? Have you not read this thread?