Cortez, you packed your bags yet?

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by pickled egg, Apr 18, 2016.

1. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Naughty, naughty Utes

2. ton

ton Arf!

3. ped

ped Banned

Lmao...bunch of phonies

4. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

"What's a yout?"

5. Fencer

Fencer Well-Known Member

I thought sexual repression and hypocracy was limited to the religious South.

You go Left coast!

6. pickled egg

Don't ever challenge the LDS's to a "who's got the most jacked up belief systems" contest. I don't care if you're a holy roller with the antivenin 'scrip. :Poke: :p

Fencer likes this.
  7. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

I would suspect rent-seeking in action before a moral cause.
    Someone has a financial interest.

8. pickled egg

Oh c'mon Mike, why else would you send one two three cops to drink beer and watch a movie Skinemax would play during the dinner hour? :p

9. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

That's a new one.

10. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

He's still getting to know the left hand. Probably calls it Susan.

11. ton

ton Arf!

just because geography is fun...

Salt Lake City is the same distance to the Pacific coast as Indianapolis is to the Atlantic. Or Birmingham, AL to Virginia Beach. Or Kansas City to Galveston.

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

13. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Ohio is not in the South either...:D

14. ton

ton Arf!

equating Utah to the "left coast" is ignorant. politically, socially, and geographically. we're Texas with proper mountains and a more dogmatic religious presence. :D

15. pickled egg

You're the Berzerkley of the Mountains. :Poke:

16. ton

ton Arf!

Salt Lake City is, for sure (or maybe it's Austin...) But the legislature that put the law in question in place is currently 87-17 Republican-Democrat.

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Utah is like Texas? :crackup: Maybe some of the parts out in the country but not even close the majority of the state. I agree with the Berkeley idea, then toss in rich ski bunnies too for Park City, can't classify the whole LDS thing as being like anywhere else in the country, it's a world unto itself.... :D

18. ton

ton Arf!

Agreed, entirely. That was the purpose of the shit eating grin smiley. This place is its own world.

Most people don't realize how much empty desert and ranchland there is here, though. It's the vast majority of the state. One giant dirtbike playground.

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Every time I hear bitching about overpopulation I think of the entire center of the country that is effectively empty. Amazing the amount of room there is.

20. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Of course, 65% of that land is owned by the Federal government and a large percentage of that is off limits due to the domestic terror groups.