Riots in Cleveland ?

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Banditracer, May 23, 2015.

1. mfbRSV

mfbRSV Well-Known Member

Show me where I support the criminals. I won't lose any sleep over them or the douchebag cop, Brelo. He should lose his job.

Last edited: May 25, 2015
  2. Rob P

Rob P Well-Known Member

Does RFKA have two screen names?

3. mfbRSV

mfbRSV Well-Known Member

He must be off this weekend. Just trying to bring some balance to all of you who FTP (Fellatio The Police) without question. :beer:

4. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

I do not disagree with you. Unfortunately the media and a large segment of the population refuses to accept that #1 is an issue that needs to be addressed as well and tend to put all of the blame on the police.

5. Rob P

Rob P Well-Known Member

It's not an issue of question. The fact is had Brelo not stood on the hood of the car and fired into the windshield it wouldn't have changed the outcome. Russel and Williams would have both been dead because of the other lethal wounds they received. The use of force, according to the prosecutions expert witness was justified. The only thing that made Brelo's actions fall outside of policy, according to the prosecutions expert, was that it exposed other officers to danger because Brelo put himself in the line of fire and had he been wounded other officers were put at risk. This to me stinks of a political prosecution.

6. HPPT

HPPT !!!

There are penalties on the books for #1. Believe it or not, it's not always supposed to be the death penalty.

7. Rob P

Rob P Well-Known Member

Always?

Williams had over 50 encounters with law enforcement and survived all but the last. Russell had multiples as well...

8. mfbRSV

mfbRSV Well-Known Member

:stupid:

9. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Are you saying it's OK because they only got killed once?
    Were any of the 50 encounters capital offenses? I'm not familiar with the details.

10. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

The penalties on the books are obviously not resolving the issue. Perhaps we need to look at underlying factors.

And if I recall correctly, I never said that they deserved to die. But it does not change the fact that the deceased put themselves in to a position where death was a potential outcome.

11. Rob P

Rob P Well-Known Member

No I am saying that until their action escalated to the point of endangering others they were not harmed.

How about instead of bitching about cops and race we focus on personal responsibility.

If Russell and Williams hadn't just scored drugs and decided to run none of this would have happened. That's not a black vs cop issue, that's a personal accountability issue. It wasn't until Russell tried to run over an officer that shots were fired. There weren't any cops driving that car.

12. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

You know what else are deadly weapons? A bunch of cop cars speeding through the streets, putting the public in danger to chase somebody because the police don't know what they did.
    They kill innocent bystanders on a regular basis during police chases (the last figure I saw was roughly 3 people per day), so they should damn well know that they are chasing someone because they are more of a danger to the public than an extended high speed chase involving dozens of cars.
    Too bad no adults were in charge while that nonsense was going on.

13. Rob P

Rob P Well-Known Member

Well the cops suspected they were firing shots out of a moving vehicle. No danger to the public there.

If when's and buts.

14. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Coming from a group that's not directly involved in the police/race issue it's easy for us to not remember that the whole situation is basically a vicious circle. So many of the younger black people have really started feeling left out of the advancement of society and are acting out in frustration while the police feel frustrated when they're criticized so much for doing what they've been taught to do which is to stop crime. The two do not mix very well so when we have the race card players get involved things go south very quickly.

15. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

I would bet that the best bet is that you've had contact with the police at least once in the past and you don't like them for that reason. Isn't that about right? Whatever they do is wrong as far as you're concerned and you had rather decide that the police are wrong simply because they're the police.

16. mfbRSV

mfbRSV Well-Known Member

:beer:You could not be any more wrong, Orvis! Lol

I have actually been lucky to be influenced by a lot of good cops in my neighborhood while growing up.

One of my BILs is a retired Nassau County cop and one of my younger brothers is a retired NYPD detective.

Have never been wronged by a cop just doing his job.

Last edited: May 25, 2015
  17. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Good for you. I lost that bet. Knowing that makes me wonder what triggers your distaste for what has always been considered normal police response to criminal actions.

18. mfbRSV

mfbRSV Well-Known Member

Some of the shit going down now is not normal, and that is the stuff I have problems with... like this Brelo character.

19. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

First an attempt at supporting data for your 3 a day would make it believable :Poke:

Second what you suggest has been tried and mostly failed. In my younger days you did not consider running but then We 'progressed'. Now way to many consider it an option.

20. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

This is only going to get worse, I suspect. The more this ftp mindset grows, the more likely people are to run. The more they run, the more aggressive the police will get in order to maintain some semblance of order. The more aggressive the cops get, the more issues we'll have. Now try stopping the snowball.