He who cannot be named

Discussion in 'General' started by Canadian Bacon, Feb 26, 2015.

1. t500racer

t500racer Never Fails To Fail

Funny story, In the mid 90s Sean Sheffey gets arrested for skating and the cop trying to be a dick says to him, "You ever heard of Gator Rogowoski?"

Sheffey replies, "You ever heard of Rodney King?"

2. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I can't, it belongs to JU. Though I suspect he likely got it from elsewhere as well :D

3. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

"It was at that point that Sean knew.....he dun fucked up."

[​IMG]

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Two things - what does the wife think about his Paris obsession? And what the hell man - give me the damn caddy! I'll pick it up when we're out there in April :D

5. Kelbor

Kelbor Well-Known Member

Ha! I have not heard mention of Gator or Sean Sheffey in years. When I was a wee skater gromit I went to a half-pipe demo/contest in the big city of Grass Valley (Cali) to see Gator. Turns out just the a few days prior he got himself busted. I'm still bummed he didn't show. Danny Way came in his place.

6. Daaaaaammmmnnn! :D

7. I guess Johnny doesn't realize that what most women would consider to be lavish gifts, aren't all that impressive to Hilton.

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'm sure he does realize that. He's also nuts :D

9. Good point. The guy does seem to understand money, at least. :D

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Easy to understand when you're born with a bunch.

11. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

That's actually a better trade. Gator was good but Danny Way was on a whole other level.

12. Oh, the stuff I've seen in RRW and elsewhere made him out to be a self made millionaire, who got into the ATM game at the right time. Did he have a lot of family money to help jump start him?

13. :wow:
    Yea, Danny took it to another level, but he was the beginning of the next generation, IMO. When boards gained double kick tails, and lost individual shapes. Things got more technical.

14. Hyperdyne

I started when Hawk, Hosoi, Gator, Cab, etc.. were all big. The turning point came when Hokus Pokus came out. After seeing Matt Hensley 360 kick flip over a 4 ft garbage can, it was a new day.

15. JeffroJ

JeffroJ 3 Ninjas and a Mexican

Dang, that's cray-cray!

Mongo, will TMZ legally have to ask premission from WERA to quote posts in this thread? For some reason, I see screenshots of the beeb on tv soon. :D

16. Yep. Same here. My first real board was a Mike McGill. I had a Cab, a Natas, and a Gator mini a bit later.:up:

17. 675AV8R

675AV8R Jetski Extraordinaire

:clap: Perfect execution.

18. Hyperdyne

Hawk, Park, Nielson, Hensley, and a few others. Nielson was my favorite deck. Never knew what happened to him but Hensley is in a pretty popular band now.

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I've heard that too but trust the sources that say dad made the money/companies and put him in charge of the ATM end of things to keep him out of trouble :D

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep, we have the copyright :D