1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who wants to jet ski/boat to the Bahamas this year?

Discussion in 'General' started by 675AV8R, Apr 23, 2013.

1. 675AV8R

675AV8R Jetski Extraordinaire

Know what the regs are as far as fires on the beach?

2. kangasj

kangasj Banned

LOL, it's the Bahamas. No regs that I have ever heard of. There's nobody around to give a shit if you had a fire anyway. We had pretty good luck finding drift wood around there. The anchorage is just west of the white beach in the bottom center of the photo. The great spear fishing is due south of there.

3. 675AV8R

I figured as much but wanted to make sure :D

And anchorage? We don't need no stinkin' anchorage.

4. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I bet a lot of Americans who end up as the lead story on Larry King Live or Anderson Cooper have said those exact words while traveling on exotic vacations. :D

5. kangasj

kangasj Banned

Well, the anchorage was just a reference point for getting to the lobster and fish and what not. There is nice bottom structure just off the beach to the south of the anchorage. Pull your jet skis up on the beach and slay away. Seriously, last time I was there I think it took all of 30-40 minutes to get 6 bugs. I assume you're taking snorkle gear....

6. kangasj

kangasj Banned

:D Well, regulations only matter if there's someone there to enforce them...

7. 675AV8R

:crackup: Just found this when I was searching the subject:

8. kangasj

kangasj Banned

LOL,toldja :D

9. zertrider

zertrider Waiting for snow. Or sun.

I don't know a damn one of you guys, and if it wasn't for the wife and kids, and the 1500 mile drive to Miami I would be right there with you in a heartbeat.

In the meantime, I can't wait to hear about how it went and live vicariously through the beeb.

10. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

Its from another thread about the coast guard boarding boats off shore while people are sleeping.

11. 675AV8R

Don't be a pussy. I still don't know anyone here besides Dale or Brandon :crackup: I'm driving from Texas = 1200mi. Tell your wife/kids you need a break from real life and you'll be back in a week :D

Ahh yes. Well we sure won't have to worry about that :D

12. 675AV8R

Missed this. Absolutely. We took it last time but weren't there long enough to go. Only time I used it was to retrieve my GoPro that I knocked off in thankfully only 20ft of water :wow:

13. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

I have an idea for a mini series on Speed....

14. BC

BC Well-Known Member

The Bahamians went crazy a couple years ago with fishing regs on the banks. Make damn sure you FIRST check in before you do anything in their waters and make sure you know the regs on what you can catch/spear etc. before you do anything. They will ruin your adventure if you F' up.

Failure to check in could lose you your ski.

15. crazywolf450r

crazywolf450r Well-Known Member

Weather channel.

Gulf Stream Racers

16. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Daaaamn, only 805 miles for me. Got a backer too --- "Go drown yourself, I don't give a damn."

Wonder what is the best ski to trade a Speedster 200 for?

17. kangasj

kangasj Banned

Huh? Would you care to elaborate? I know they raised the clearance fees but that's it. A fishing license is included with the clearance fees. One thing I do know, in the 20 or so years I've been sailing in the Bahamas I've never and "an official" approach our boat...

18. gpstar748

gpstar748 Well-Known Member

if it's just a weekend type trip (3-4 days) like last year and someone can organize a ski for me then I'd be in

if it's longer and we're riding longer than Bimini then I am out

I already asked my boss for nearly a month off again for Macau so I need to choose my further requests wisely ;)

I'd rather ride to Bimini and then have the weekend to chill, do some snorkeling and spear fishing and checkin out the local honeys :)

just my .02 cents

Last edited: Apr 25, 2013
  19. 675AV8R

I think the selection of local honeys is going to be pretty slim on Bimini :crackup:

Ok, 4-day trip the week before/weekend of Labor Day. Thursday-Sunday?

Anyone that wants to stay on Bimini the entire trip can, anyone that wants to go farther has time to do so.

20. gpstar748

gpstar748 Well-Known Member

I dont think it would be best to have people splitting up on a long ride with jetskis like that. I'd be more comfortable if everyone that goes agrees to the same itinerary