1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2013 vintage rules

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by promod, Nov 20, 2012.

1. ringdingding

ringdingding TWO-STROKE MILITIA

It might not be ready this year anyway, maybe for the stand alone Vintage event at RRR in March of 2014.

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Two things I can't believe - first is I haven't done the 2013 rules yet. Second is I'm about to reread this entire thread.....

3. sreavis

sreavis Well-Known Member

Vintage Rules

I was waiting on the CliffNotes version to be released........

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

So as I reread this - Vintage isn't an adjunct to the modern classes, it's a part of WERA just like all of our other classes are. Yeah the 600/1k class have more riders, always have even when the V bikes were dominating those classes, doesn't make the smaller or older stuff less a part of WERA. Like it or not :D

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I've made plans to work on it "this week" since lat November and with only minor changes in the works it kept getting pushed back by more urgent stuff. So now I sit here in March a total idiot without a 100% current rulebook. Kind of pitiful really.

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Damn, only on page 10 and I have a lot of really good well thought out answers in here :D

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Okay - some for sure I'll change things -

2000-03 Mille in V7HW, SS mods same as the RC et al. Not yet on the SV1k sorry, way faster machine (blame Tray Batey).

F 2-stroke into Clubman.

Only thing I've got as a question after all that is I do have an email about allowing DS7's into 350 GP with a 28mm carb restriction. Shouldn't kill the Honda domination but would allow another bike on the grid, anyone see a problem with it?

8. Duck150

Duck150 Well-Known Member

ds7 ok with 28 mm carbs no rd 250 in any gp class,way out of era................

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Didn't think I mentioned the RD250 did I?

10. Duck150

not yet, but others had....................................

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Don't worry about the other stuff in the thread - if I didn't list it then it was pretty much either agreed by the suggester, the majority, or me, that it wouldn't work.

I'm not looking to rehash what was already discussed or solicit new suggestions, just trying to get the last couple of things clearer in my head.

One other suggestion I had -

Yamaha TX/XS500 into V2. Won't be any faster than the Honda 450(allowed to go to 500cc) that we already allow. Odd bike but won't be dominant that I can see and hopefully will get another machine or two on the grids.

12. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

I thought DS7's were already eligible for 350GP?

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Huh, so they are. Why do I have that in my rules file then?

Maybe it's more a request to limit the DS7?

14. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

David Hurst has been running one forever.....maybe the restriction is the difference?

15. Duck150

the rule was ds7 with 28 carbs.....somehow the rule left the rulebook...................

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

To be truly honest - I have absolutely no clue.

No idea why it went away, why it should come back, if it ever was..... :D

17. Robin172

All part of the plan I suppose;)

18. Duck150

Its those two stroke guys,very good at changing rules under a cloud of smoke.............

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No plan I promise, just a loss of brain cells hurting an already bad memory - now if you want to know who said they were in charge when Reagan was shot and G Herb was on a plane I got you covered :D

20. Robin172

So the future of roadracing in the US is safe then?:)