Finally, A Man with some common sense........

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by xrated, Jan 20, 2013.

1. xrated

xrated Well-Known Member

2. mfbRSV

mfbRSV Well-Known Member

While I disagree with everything lefty Joe said, I applaud both of those guys for the civil discussion. Neither one tried to talk over the other. This is how our politicians should behave.

Good find!

3. Sacko DougK

Sacko DougK Well-Known Member

Wow...:Pop:

Q: Why 7?

A: Because we pulled that number out of our ass.

4. xrated

xrated Well-Known Member

The magic number "7" pretty much makes every semi-automatic pistol currently being made.....illegal, which is their intent in the first place. Did you see the legislation that was just proposed by the retard in Connecticut.........guns that will only hold ONE round...........

http://www.cga.ct.gov/2013/TOB/S/201...122-R00-SB.htm

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I think they went with 7 since thats the capacity of a 1911 since well, 1911 :D

6. JTW

JTW Well-Known Member

Yeah. Too bad common sense didn't prevail.

7. mfbRSV

mfbRSV Well-Known Member

:stupid:

8. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

I usually can't stand to listen to 15 minutes of baseless arguing.....This was well worth the listen. Valid points being brought up. Living next door to NY....I'm hoping the local thugs find more opportunity up north....(not really...just sayin') :p

9. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Son of B@#$%... the guy just ruined my ability to hate everyone in New York state.

10. Sacko DougK

Sacko DougK Well-Known Member

One point that he should have followed up a bit further was the in the exchange about someone only being to unlawfully kill 7 people. McLaughlin asks about this also limiting a law abiding citizens ability to protect themselves from home invaders. The answer, "Change the clip."

I have a huge issue with this mindset. First off, the disparity in the argument that a 7 round clip will limit illegal activities, but a legal owner can simply change the clip. That works two ways, a person using it for illegal killings is not limited because they will "change the clip". So, that argument does hold any merit.

Secondly, you just created a greater black market. Legal gun owners will be limited to 7 rounds while criminals are not. Criminals will purchase black market higher capacity magazines to gain a tactical advantage. It's not like there isn't a supply issue here for this market. The example of 2 invaders coming into a home is not 14 rounds vs 7. In reality, it will very well be 30 or more vs. 7. The legal owner is still at an even greater disadvantage.

11. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

You shouldn't hate me either, we have the same first name and I race a 400. :D

12. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

But do you do it well or do you make guys named Kenny that race 400's look bad? :D

13. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Reasonably well I think. Lots of podiums and 2 wins over the years and the Lightweight championship this year at Snanny. Trying to make you proud. :crackup:

You got a guy I race with some 3 mil. over pistons a few yeras ago to build his cheater motor. :D Gary M. from Canada

14. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

So to fire 49 rounds it will take 7 clips instead of 5 clips to fire 50?

Did he bring that up? I ask b/c I'm at work and don't have audio on my desktop yet.

15. xrated

xrated Well-Known Member

Actually, you can't fire any rounds with a "clip". In fact, you can't insert a "clip" in your AR. If you are going to be in this thread, you need to at LEAST know a little bit about the guns that you are talking about. :Poke:

16. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

Its a clip if I call it a clip, Junior. I've got a thirty rounder on my desk right now, as a matter of fact. Trying to figure out what to do with it.

17. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Looking for suggestions?:D

18. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

19. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Uh, actually, "junior", it's still a magazine. Insisting on calling it a clip doesn't make it a clip. :up::)

20. xrated

xrated Well-Known Member

And just who do you think you are........calling me "Junior". I'm almost old enough to remember when gunpowder was invented. Oh, and as far as the 30rd. "magazine" that you don't know what to do with, I know of a good home for it in E. TN and I promise that I'll take very good care of it.