1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. orientexpress11

orientexpress11 Well-Known Member

The grip angle is the biggest difference between a XD and Glock. Both are extremely reliable but the XD is more "hands up, boxer fist" and the Glock is more "poking a stick on a fat man".

This year, I've put through about 3,500 rounds on my XDm, not one jam or malfunction even though I've done my best to make it jam. I've seen XDs go 10k without a cleaning, can't say you'll be disappointed with one :beer:.

2. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Reallllllly? I wonder how many times I've racked a semi? :)

3. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

There is a reason for it.

Incorrect
    [​IMG]

Correct
    [​IMG]

4. Vitamin-E

Vitamin-E cornerin lo in the 3-1-fo

Right on!! The sound of a shotgun action cycling is the universal language for "Get the F@ck OUT OF MY HOUSE!!!!!".

HD - Remington tactical 12 ga.
    SD - LCP

5. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

#2 may be correct, but it sure hurts like a motherf****** when you catch the meat on the side of your hand in between the slide and the chamber!

6. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

If you do it correctly ie release the slide and don't "ride" the slide forward there is no possible way for that to happen. Clamp your hand over the slide, yank back, release. Should be one smooth motion then back on target. In any case never ride the slide/bolt forward on any firearm. That's a good way to set up an out of battery kaboom.

7. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I was trying to be quiet and stealthy when I did it:)

8. banzai132

banzai132 Oh shit! not again!

44 magnum. costs about the same as three sets of tires.

9. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

That's the cost for box of shells right?

10. brand-o

brand-o Well-Known Member

I have the 3.8" XDm 9mm and I love it. I narrowed my decision down to the XDm and the Glock 19 so I fired them side by side and just liked the ergonomics of the XDm better.

The only gripe I have is that it isn't as concealable as I was hoping. It's possible, but probably not very comfortable for every day.

11. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

The Sig was an option. Certainly a nice piece. And, yeah, you pay for it. I think that, when it comes down to it, the Glock simply doesn't fit my hand as well as other pistols. When I bought it, I hadn't shot a lot of other pistols at that point. So, much like suspension, the best I had was the best I knew. After shooting other pistols at the range (my local range has an awesome $8/hr gun rental program where you get to shoot any of the pieces they have for rent for a flat rate per hour as long as you buy their ammo) I realized how little I liked the Glock.

No. Trijicon sights.

12. metricdevilmoto

Whatever the XDm is, it just feels better. I've read a lot about the reliability. Seems that your opinion is in the majority on jams and a relaxed cleaning schedule. I don't mind cleaning them, but it's nice to know that I don't have to.

Nice. You get the compact or the full size with the 3.8" barrel?

I just re-applied for my CWP. Concealment isn't a huge concern of mine, but I like that I'll have the option. It seems like it would be fairly manageable with the standard clip in the compact chassis.

13. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

what's a clip? :)

14. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

It's what keeps your tie out of your face when you bend over to tie your shoes. :)

15. Dits

Dits Will shit in your fort.

What type of bear might you confront?

16. metricdevilmoto

Oh. You're one of those guys.

What's a magazine?

[​IMG]

17. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

obviously this guy needs more wheelie control and a little less traction control. I need to get Jim to tell him that on his next show....

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

What's the reason? Pussy people with tiny hands? :D

19. Dutch

Dutch Token white guy

You can sex them up, just do what I did. Get a Gen 3 G30, send it to Glockworx along with a credit card number which has a high limit, wait 90 days, and get back a work of art in polymer and steel. The one thing that they didnt replace when they put in the full trigger system was the extractor. I still get hot brass in the face every once in awhile. I hated Glocks for so long until I bought one. While the XDm is a very nice gun they just dont fit my hand very well.

[​IMG]

20. brand-o

brand-o Well-Known Member

Compact. I haven't tried to conceal it with the full size mag, but I am willing to bet it wouldn't be ideal. It's at the limit of what I find acceptable with the smaller mag.