I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. Ptog

Ptog I Miss Corner Working

I could definitely feel it, but since it's not a gun I'm going to shoot all day long at the range, I can live with it. My first round out is a shot shell which can hardly be felt anyway.

It's just heavy enough to remind me it's there but light enough that it doesn't weigh me down.

2. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

Before I got my lcp a guy was showing me that ti one. The whole time a guy behind him was waving his arms telling me no.

3. Ptog

I picked up some inexpensive ammo at the gun show last week. I didn't realize it was +P til I got home. Ok for this gun but I couldn't find any videos with someone shooting a snubby with 156 grain SWCHP's. All 4" barrels.

Also with the ribber grip. It's tough to get a clean reload with a speed loader. I had trim the rubber just above the thumb rest to make it easier.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2011
  4. AndyR1

AndyR1 Well-Known Member

:FL:

Got a good deal on this M&P9 carry and range kit. Comes with a gun holster, two magazine holster, speed loader and 3 magazines. My M&P22 pistol fits in the holster as well.

Attached Files:

• m&p9.jpg
      m&p9.jpg
      File size:
      142.8 KB
      Views:
  5. Ptog

6. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

Anybody pick up a xds yet? I have a xdm now and love it, Wonder if anybody has seen or shot the xds yet.

7. jcclx1

jcclx1 Well-Known Member

Just ordered a Kimber Ultra CDP ii LG. Can't wait to get, will be my first 1911.

8. Ptog

When is it due?

9. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

Captain Squid has one, I think. I remember him saying that he ordered one, at least. Don't know if it's in yet though.

10. Scotty87

Anyone here into revolvers? I've never had one, but would like one. I'm thinking Ruger GP100 with a 3" barrel.

Would just be for the range/house/etc, not looking to carry it.

11. assjuice cyrus

Iam on a waiting list. Hopefully Ill get to check it out soon.

12. Jed

Jed mellifluous

Anybody into small bore target shooting? How accurate can you get a 10/22? Just picked one up to teach the kids how to shoot.

13. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

How much money do you want to spend upgrading it? ;-)

Open sights up to 100 yards is pretty standard.

Honestly I resist mounting optics on my 10/22 because I don't want to make a cheap, fun rifle double in price... The .22lr round starts losing accuracy and gets blown around a lot before the 10/22 is the problem though.

14. WERA82

WERA82 Infidel, phone ringing...

So how many of you guys have lights mounted on your pistols? Most of my training time is with a full frame Glock with a x300 light.

Currently I CC a G19 in a Comp-Tac Minotaur and carry a Surefire light separately. After a recent gunfighting class I have decided to put a x300 on my G19 and carry IWB.

Any experience on any holsters? I'm leaning toward a Kolbeson hybird since Comp-Tac doesn't have an IWB with a light. I really like the leather/kydex types for IWB...

Just realized this is an old thread...

Last edited: Aug 6, 2012
  15. Scotty87

Mild to wild, my man. You can nicely accu-rize one for not much money, or you can go crazy. I've got one with a ridiculous amount of money in it. In hindsight I kind of regret it, because I basically turned it into a bench only gun. Anything 50 yards and under almost isn't fun, it's just too easy (and I would say I'm an average shot).

What's cool is I wasn't even really looking for another one, but found out my buddy wanted to sell his 10/22 yesterday, picked it up pretty cheaply. I plan to keep it real basic and light.

16. Jed

Jed mellifluous

No optics for this. The kids will learn iron sights before getting into optics. Mainly options for stocks, sights, do you need to crown the muzzle, Eley ammo vs ths cheap stuff, etc.

17. Scotty87

I think the Eley and others like it ammo is overkill unless you're competing. Remember that to really take advantage of that match ammo you need a barrel with a match chamber.

Mine will put Mini-mags or Winchester Powerpoints into dime groups at 50yds all day long. Mine does not like bulk Winchester though, but will shoot Federal bulk with a small loss in accuracy. Gander will sell Minimags for $7.50 per 100 occasionally, and when they go on sale I by ten boxes at least. Compared to centerfire that's still stupid cheap, so it's really all I buy. If I know a bunch of us are going to be messing around with 22's all day long out at my buddie's farm, I will buy a box of bulk stuff for that sort of thing.

18. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

I have a Colt Peacekeeper (from the 1980s, not the 1880s one), parkerized finish with 6" barrel. I like it, it's like a Jr. Dirty Harry. :D

19. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Every pistol should have a light.

20. assjuice cyrus

What is a decent light for a pistol?