Dear Josh Hayes....

Discussion in 'General' started by Lever, Jul 24, 2012.

1. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Are you gonna go pull an Nancy Kerrigan on Dovi or Cal so that a spot opens up?

:cool:

2. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

Nope. If I were Josh every race would be like the "What's my name?" Mohammed Ali beatdown.

[​IMG]

3. Lever

Lever Well-Known Member

Do you think it's odd that the '12 R1 is the most underpowered of the liter bikes, and yet it's cleaning everyone's clock in superbike? Not complaining...my favorite bike is the R1...actually like watching it kick as...just wish the field was more competitive is all I'm sayin.

4. stalemate27

stalemate27 Banned

Can't compare a regular 2012 R1 to what Hayes is riding

5. Lever

Lever Well-Known Member

I suppose you're right.

6. Joe Morris

No. The way I figure it every liter class bike can overwhelm the traction limits of their tires. We're past hp comparisons IMHO.

7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

That's like comparing Paris Hilton to Paris France.

8. Lever

Lever Well-Known Member

Good point.

9. bdaddy

bdaddy Well-Known Member

:crackup::crackup::crackup:

10. caferace

caferace No.

Both of 'em have had the Eiffel tower up in 'em?

-jim

11. CW AF 03

CW AF 03 Aspiring has-been

I'm waiting for Josh to go all Ricky Bobby during the post race interview: "Let's face it, I mean, I'm the best there is. I get up in the morning and piss excellence. I'm just a big, hairy American winning machine."

12. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Could have gone with both are stanky suckholes or both are full of eurotrash dicks.

13. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

How about comparing WHERE the horsepower is made?

14. Joe Morris

That's always been the key hasn't it!? :beer:

These things are getting awfully sophisticated though. The Yamaha especially with the crossplain design. The level of integration with electronics aids really makes me skeptical that the dyno gives a good representation of the riding dynamics.

Funny aside: When we were riding the Continental Divide Ride a couple months ago my buddy on a new Yamaha Tenere dang near go stuck in a pretty deep water crossing. The culprit? Traction control. When the rear wheel started to slip on rocks in the creek the engine quickly began to derate the power output to the wheel. He made it through but it was a struggle. You won't see that on the dyno! It's just pretty amazing what's going on with bikes today.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2012
  15. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

Someone bought a new Super Tenere? Talk about bombshell!?

16. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

Josh Haze is overrated.

:D

17. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

I'd like him to ride for Suzuki... Team Yosh Hayes!

18. MGarrett50

MGarrett50 Ready. Set. Go.

And his teammate could be Yonny Hernandez ??

On a team run by Suzuki Sveden ?? :D

19. motojoe_23

motojoe_23 The Nephew

Saw the same result when Atlanta had that big ice storm last winter I think? Maybe two winters ago, but I had to help quite a few Lexus, BMW, and Mercedes owners when they could not disable the traction control so their cars would choke down and only spin the tires at 2mph and not get them anywhere.

20. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

There I fixed it