Had my CRF 150RB stolen right out of my hands

Discussion in 'General' started by bad67deuce, Jul 21, 2012.

1. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

Sadly, I've gone to this practice as well. I always take a buddy, and I never let anyone come over to my house and sure as shit not into my garage where they can make an inventory of all the other shit to steal.

I meet in a populated parking lot, during daylight hours. Sucks it has to be this way.

2. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

I remember that. Didn't you guys come down here to go riding? Busco Beach, right?

3. Coopster

Coopster Well-Known Member

Well dude

I sorta know how you feel...

Although not nearly in the same league of loss, I was flim-flamed out of $300 the other day, attempting to buy a pair of tickets to a concert. I've been buying tickets for years, outside of venues, just prior to show time

In the brief exchange, I also lost over 50 years of acquired street cred, but as pointed out by my g/f:
    1) I didn't get shanked and robbed of ALL my money, and
    2) It was the equivalent of flatspotting a tire in qualifying; she really does have a way with words!

Yes, my initial reaction was to go looking for the bastard, and I may yet one day do this, especially after having a PA system installed in the van, park across the street and broadcast a warning to everyone nearby who even looks like they are interested in buying scalped tickets from him:D

Living well is the best revenge, learn from the experience, and be glad it wasn't any worse - cause folks get killed for the change in their pockets every damned day...

4. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

I had a guy (another customer) at the cashier counter of a Krystal in Columbus Ga, short change me $2...he saw I had a few larger bills and ask if I could spare a Ten, for a 5 and 5 ones...I said sure...he handed it to me, I didn't count it..till I got in the truck..FUCKER nicked me for $2...,The guy was Older and had a big Shriner type Sword tatoo on his left forearm..that had to be 20yrs ago..I am still pissed.
    I often wonder how many times he had done that and just laughed his ass off at the other person.

5. Mikey75702

Mikey75702 Well-Known Member

They like to hang out at druid hill park, and the police know it... They all meet up and do stupid sh!t until the police show up, then they leave for 20 minutes until the cops are gone... On top of the streets you named, they like to do wheelies down Monroe st, Hilton ave, all throughout westport and cherry hill.... And they normally don't ride unless there are a dozen of them or more... So going after them definitely isn't a good idea, unless you do like Drew did and hire one of the gangs to find it for you.... That MIGHT work out (probably still not worth it).

6. r6racer75

r6racer75 Well-Known Member

Not saying you should do this but a buddy of mine went and found his GSXR in Miami that was stolen when he was in college in Gainesville. But that was about 20 years ago. I think when he found it just called the cops vs confronting the Guy outside the mini mart where it was parked. Sorry this happened ..sucks.

7. joec

joec brace yourself

I see them cutting across preston, chase, biddle, etc all of the time. Up and down greenmount. Across north ave. I even see them on 83 pretty often since my shop overlooks it. Over on the east side. As far as moravia etc....There is no one spot. The crews will have their spot, but I see them going right through Mt Vernon every day. I see plenty of them solo too. I see more guys alone or with one or 2 other people than i see the large groups anymore. But thats probably just because of where I am. But I used to see groups of 20 or 30 people.

8. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

I had the oposite experience going to purchase a dirt bike. Show up to meeting point to were I was to follow the guy out to San Diego's East County area to a warehouse to view the bike. I show up and there's 4 flat-billers in a lifted truck with 2 pitbulls in the bed.
    I didn't need the bike that bad, that day.

No one is coming to my house (phuck dat) unless they're buying cars (listed on Ebay) from me and if thats the case, they're usually from outta state and have flown in from Ohio, Illinois, Florida to drive the cars back home.
    I have them send a deposit before they arrive and check is cleared before I pick them up at the airport.

I wouldn't be going all Commando on these fucktards in Baltimore. Your health and wellbeing is worth way more than your stolen bike.

9. ThrottleAbuse

ThrottleAbuse Will Race for CASH!

Damn. Is MD like CA where you can't carry and even if you can you can't defend your life or property with lethal force.

10. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

^ Where the hell is that in law?

11. ThrottleAbuse

ThrottleAbuse Will Race for CASH!

Sorry I wasn't clear. Some states you can defend yourself and your property. If they were out looking for his bike and he found it and they jumped him. Or at your home, etc.

12. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

this is like the 5th one of these i've read in the past year. at least you didn't get robbed at gunpoint by like 10 dudes at a gas station like this other gent on our local forum. my advice for people is to never sell a dirtbike to anyone in baltimore city ever, in your entire life... ever. sorry it happened.

13. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Ahhhh... Gotcha. Most states you cannot in regards to property. But deadly force is deadly force in regards to protecting your person. Regardless to where you are.

Just sucks for this guy. I've had my bike stolen. I got it back, but that was on me to set him up. Too bad we can't go down there with a WERA gang and get his shit back.

14. joec

joec brace yourself

this isnt the dungeon, but i will say i know its nearly impossible to get ccp here. you gotta show some pretty unusual circumstances to get one. and even then, its reviewed every year. and really....is a dirtbike worth it? probably not.

baltimore is awesome.

15. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Man, that sucks sorry to hear. I haven't seen any mention of you filing a police report, did you?

How far are you from Baltimore?

If not too far then I'd consider swinging down to speak to someone in the DB, ya never know, if you feed them enough info and photo it could come up. Also check with impound yards on occasion to see if they recovered any CRF150's, these ja's might actually dump the bike at an accident or pursuit scene.

16. joec

joec brace yourself

Since the cops showed up, Im guessing there was a report filed.

17. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Your guess could be correct, but I doubt it made it to the DB's inbox. They probably have a threshold but if the victim shows up with the pertinent info and photo, ya never know.

18. noobinacan

noobinacan Well-Known Member

THIS ^
    I was thinking just that.
    sorry to hear

19. Hammer 4

Hammer 4 Can't Touch This

For a price, I could get uncle Louie to go there with his violin case...:D

Sux that you lost your bike. I would thrown something at him just out of sheer frustration and anger.

20. mpolans

mpolans Well-Known Member

Cops are useless in this situation. Most cops aren't willing to do anything unless someone was seriously injured or killed, or you're talking about a bunch of stolen cars or bikes worth tens of thousands of dollars. For small time property crime, they're not going to do a damn thing to actually try to find the guy other than file a report and enter the VIN in a database. Unless you do all the leg work and can find out exactly where the bike and the perp are, and you're *really* lucky to have detective on the job who is willing to do a little work, they won't do anything.