The Latest on TC in AMA SBK

Discussion in 'General' started by 2OLD2SLOW, Jul 3, 2012.

1. caferace

caferace No.

Mine is all racing all the time. Google is the smart, and my main search engine. :)

-jim

2. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

I had to wade through the female sex toys first.

3. bullockcm

bullockcm Well-Known Member

I have to side with the other guys on this, it shouldn't be this hard but in my experience most people have no idea what motorcycle road racing is. I mention racing a motorcycle and across the board everyone has assumed I mean dirt bikes. When I tell them it is "road racing" everyone just assumes I am out tearing it up on the public roads. Then I have to explain that it is done on tracks like Watkins Glen but with less armco... A large % of these people even ride motorcycles.

Another example, there are 10 - 20 people who go to Daytona from my workplace every year, until 2 years ago none of them knew there were all kinds of bike races going on. This year I talked it up enough that a couple of them checked out some dirt track races and thought it was the coolest thing they had seen in along time.

Typical people just have no idea that motorcycle roadracing even exists.

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

How would you enforce they all have the same kit box available to all competitors on that brand?

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

If it wasn't you it was either Kurt or me - more likely Kurt, I'm not that smart :D

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Oddly the sanctioning body doesn't really get to determine what is premier or not - and push come to shove, the fans will never accept a smaller/slower class as the premier class. Not in any series anywhere. Only way to make DSB premier is to totally nuke SB.

7. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Maybe tech has the same ones and randomly hands them out to a few diff teams like they did with the top 3 XR1200 teams after qualifying?

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I thought your street bike was an R1?

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Isn't that what homologation fees are for anyway?

I seriously need to start homologating stuff for WERA. Talk about an under appreciated income stream!

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It would take a pile of them from each OEM but it could be done.

11. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Maybe make it part of homoligating(sp?) them. Manufacturers probably have them made in China for $20 a piece..couldn't cost them that much extra

12. chadspaint

chadspaint Well-Known Member

Anybody looking for an autgraphed Clint Seller poster? . I think some people need to get in the paint booth I am always told to get in. It is all waterbased paint over here so I don't know what the big deal is. It is the equivelent of latex house paint. How much does that change in the form of attitude and so fourth ? NOTHING!
    Now we Have Seth Who rode his first bike in 2006. A very tallented Techincal computor engineer with very good info and Ideas. We have John . Who has the longest standing ama team, The worlds largest road race publication and Also . Still a fucking rider!! I like you both. But John has this one ;D

13. 5axis

5axis Well-Known Member

MX nuked the 500s when they got too fast and had too few capable riders

wiki

As motocross technology developed, 500 cc two-stroke motocross bikes became too powerful for the average rider and, faced with diminishing numbers of competitors, the A.M.A. discontinued the 500 cc class after the 1993 season.

Seems like MX has been sucessfull without the biggest and baddest

14. mike w

mike w Knarf's buddy

ummm,they have a 450[premier class] and 250[lites]

15. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Dead to me. Never.:mad:

16. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

True, but they used to have 3 classes at supercross.
    500-AMA SBK
    250-AMA DSB
    125-AMA SS

17. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

Don't try and compare one of todays 450s to the 500s...absolutely no comparison.

18. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

But not at the outdoor races. They would run only 2 classes each national. One was a primary and the other was a support class. 125/250 or 250/500 or 125/500

19. 5axis

5axis Well-Known Member

I love my KX500 on ice, no effin way i'm pulling the pin on it at the MX track.
    It's brutal in a way that you have to experience.

And thats just the regular pipe and reeds build. I can't imagine a full out Eric Gorr motor. Well I can, but I'll save that for ice racing too :D

20. mike w

mike w Knarf's buddy

not sure how you get any sort of comparison.Post was inferring big bikes werent the premier class..response was that 450s are