1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AMA 1000 class is dead. At Barber and it's just sad

Discussion in 'General' started by GrayGhost, Jun 23, 2012.

1. drebv4

drebv4 Well-Known Member

Actually little Josh was right on Hayes' back wheel for 16 laps and anticipation was building nicely, then...

Looking forward to tomorrow.

Dreb

2. jamve

jamve Well-Known Member

Speed just don't give a rats ass about MC racing. It's pathetic. We're missing so much that can be aired like qualifying for all classes and the SS races. Too bad there isn't someone that can get to who ever is in charge. They air so much crap during all these US events. I just don't get it. I know that MC racing doesn't attract as many viewers in the US as nascrap does but I think MC racing gets more global attention. I wonder if they ever even read the emails from viewers that love MC racing.

3. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Did you not read between them ZoooomZoooooom's it's the spacing during the last half of the race....LOL????

Damn, it's the Mat&Ben Show alloveragain....Zoooom.Zooom.........
    ----------------------------------------------(Josh) (Lil'Rossi)
    :D

Last edited: Jun 23, 2012
  4. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

You need to call into Wind Tunnel and tell that to Dave Despain.

5. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

6. Hammer 4

Hammer 4 Can't Touch This

Wouldn't do any good..:D

7. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

I really think it has very little to do with SPEED "giving a rats ass about MC Racing" as much as it is "There is NO ONE stepping up and Paying for the Coverage"....TV is not free...someone has to PAY THEM to actually drive all the trucks with all that equipment and people out to the races and cover them...then pay for the actual Air Time, You pay for Live, Prime, or LateNight. Or shall I say SPONSORS Pay...>???

It is not a hard formula to understand...Zero$$$ for Motorcycle RoadRacing..or $1 for anything else, gotta make a profit, Love and WarmFuzzys don't pay the bills.

8. CowboyRR

CowboyRR Well-Known Member

+1. BSB is flat-out the best, most competitive series going. I think they had 6 different winners in the first 7 events. Great close racing on wildly varying tracks layouts. It's not even close. WSB is a very distant second.

9. Hammer 4

I gotta wonder...speed has tons of commercials, surely they aren't hurtin for $$$, and could toss in a couple of extra MC races/qualifying sessions w/o going broke. During the WSB and AMA races, we see commercials every 2 laps, they gotta be making major $$$, but it sucks to watch races that have interruptions every 3 mins.

10. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Unless I am badly mistaken, the actual sponsors/commercials buy time with specific programs...if you had say Lucas Oils say "We WANT to sponsor/run ads with AMA Superbike Live and PAID for it, then it would happen...like other racing you are seeing and others are complaining about...what you are seeing is what is paying the bills.
    It is prolly not that simple, and I am sure there are contracts with AMA and Speed that have to be done Waaaaaaaaaaaaaay in advance..but it surely COSTS Someone MONEY.

11. Inquizid

Inquizid Member Well-Known

From that other third thread about this same issue.

12. hayes131

hayes131 Well-Known Member

I'm sorry... I think...
    Just trying to earn that $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$!!!!

13. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Lol Hayes fugemmup man.

14. SpeedyTide

SpeedyTide 'Bama's Bad Boy

Just glad you represent the sport so well! :cool:

15. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Funny I was looking at video I shot at Vir yrs ago and it was much like that with more dots.

16. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

Man, are any of you satisfied with with anything? AMA sucks, DMG sucks, This series is better then that one, damn. Just enjoy the racing already.

17. Daniel06

Daniel06 Well-Known Member

+ another.

Bsb is the best. Love their tracks. 600 class rocks as well.

Wsbk and wss is 3rd and 2nd.

18. Hammer 4

Not saying the AMA, or DMG sucks, it's the way it's broadcast.

Josh, nothing to be sorry about...you ride hard to win, and that's how it should be..:up:

19. jamve

jamve Well-Known Member

Don't be lol! You're killing it man. Awesome job. I'm sorry I can't watch you kill it live! :mad:

20. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

Nobody on the track should be sorry for anything. You all leave it all on the track and give us something to be proud of and cheer for. Great job Josh.