1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Latest on Spies

Discussion in 'General' started by galloway840, May 30, 2012.

1. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

Tell me the name of a someone at the pinnacle of racing who has never failed when making a risky pass.

2. Tortuga

Tortuga Well-Known Member

That is not the point. Everyone makes mistakes sometimes they're dumb mistakes, this time it was Ben. Next time, who knows.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No one has ever once said it wasn't a mistake. It was a mistake. The comfort in the bike that allowed him to feel he could make the pass is a good sign. Falling down is a bad thing. Two totally different things. Trying to make a pass that causes you to crash is bad. Crashing is bad. No one has said anything different.

Still doesn't change that riders at his level make the choice to try a pass like that and fall down or run off or lose a lot of time on a regular basis. Based on your version of logic not one rider in the class should be there because they take chances that don't always work out.

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I don't know, why did you?

Your words - "Despite the hard to refute and completely logical personal insults passing for arguments to the contrary leveled at any and all suspected of daring not worship at the Altar of Ben, I stand by my original assessment; it was a bonehead move not befitting someone at the pinnacle of racing.

Once again, I'll take the drubbing, threats, and personal insults from the blind faithful"

Sure seems as if you're lumping anyone who is a fan into a group who insults, threatens, worships at an altar of a rider, are illogical, and so on. Not quite complimentary...

5. Tortuga

Oh for crying out loud. Really?

My version of logic is simply that Ben made a dumb pass and it cost him a shot at the podium. Full stop. Everything else is stuff that you added and not in any way anything that I ever said or implied.

6. Tortuga

No, only the people who felt they needed to insult me for my opinion.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The point is your conclusion it isn't befitting someone at his level. It is fitting because it is a fact of racing at that level.

You seem to be basing all of this on people somehow saying it's a good thing he fell - and they aren't. What people are saying is it's good he's happy enough with the bike to push his limits, not good to go past them of course but that is sometimes a part of the process.

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Merely responding to your own words. We agree the pass cost him the podium although I disagree on the pass being dumb. You're not in a position to determine the intelligence of a move, only one person is and he probably won't post. The pass itself was no different than a couple of others throughout the race that lost riders time, why aren't you calling them dumb?

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Who is being insulting? Who is worshiping at the altar of Ben? Who is doing those things you're saying are happening?

10. Dr. Stupid

Dr. Stupid Well-Known Member

Stop worshiping at the Altar of the Glass Half Full. Anyone can see it's half empty.

I await the insults of the poopy heads.

11. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Where have you got the other two?

12. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

I wanted to know who you are...not what you are. Name, location, what do you race, sign, birthstone....you know...the basic stuff.

13. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

For fun? You know, Sorta Dave K dickish?

14. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

im sure Tortuga will answer, but im also pretty sure he manages a moto2 team... moto2, like, the support class of motogp. so he probably has a tiny bit of experience.

15. Just Bob

Just Bob Well-Known Member

Ben's pass made perfect sense. Pedrosa and Stoner were on the hard tires, Spies (and everyone else) was on the soft. The soft have an advantage before the hards heat up. Going early was smart. Crashing... Bummer.

16. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

With the benefit of hindsight, it was a bonehead move. I'm sure that Ben agrees on this but an expert here can say otherwise.

Ben needs top five results first, he can win later.

He certainly could not/cannot afford to fall.

But he did look good for those two laps, didn't he?....:D

17. 418

418 Expert #59

I guess Lorenzo sitting in Pedrosas draft and not as much as even gaining on him must have been a optical illusion then. :Poke:

18. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Dude just quit comparing Pedrosa to ANYBODY proportioned like a somewhat normal human. He's a dwarf, of course he's gonna be faster.

19. 418

418 Expert #59

I don't care how it's done, we're not talking technicality here. Faster is faster. Stoner is a midget too.

What I'm trying to say is if Spies could have gotten along Pedrobot on the straight and made a proper pass he wouldn't have had to pull a banzai move out his ass to try to get by on the tighter sections of the track.

20. 2OLD2SLOW

2OLD2SLOW Well-Known Member

I'm with 418 on that one! Needless to say, i'm really, really surprised that the facts showed Dani 9th in line!!!