1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Apple Legal Issues, sent an extra ipad, and we were told to keep it

Discussion in 'General' started by strgt, Dec 29, 2011.

1. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Nice try, Pat. :tut:

The iPad they intended to purchase was a gift for his father-in-law. SOB can buy his own replacement case when he scratches it up. :D

2. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Won't USPS FedEx and the like pick things up at your house instead of having to drive it to the shipping point? Tell them to send an RA tag set for pickup from your residence, and if you're feeling merry, package it up and send it back. If not, plaster the RA tag right on the unit and set it outside. :D

3. joec

joec brace yourself

tell them youll loan them the one you paid for.

i have a couple of distributors for my business. they are big comapnies. many times i will get the incorrect order sent to me. say....100 bucks in merch. i almost alway mention it to them. tell them they sent the incorrect item. whatever, i let them know that if they organize to have it shipped back....i'll see to it that it gets on the truck. they have never taken me up on it. then they will send me the correct order on top of that. no extra charge.

i have even had the majority of an order lost in shipping, they just replace it. really no questions asked. occasionally, ups insurance department will call. but not always.

sometimes i guess its just not worth it. id imagine apple corporate is probably very meticulous in its shortage control though.

many years ago i ordered a mac clone. when i got it. it ended up being the top of the line model. i ordered a 1200 buck cpu, ended up getting what was at the time about a 3500 buck cpu. yeah....i kept it.

4. cgordon3

cgordon3 I need a new bike...

So, just out of curiosity... what is going to happen to said iPad?

5. strgt

strgt Well-Known Member

6. chuckbear

chuckbear Totally radical, bro.

:stupid:

There's also a big difference between Apple and STG in that Apple sells it's own products and so their margins are much higher. Cost of goods is much higher for STG and so it would hurt them more to be giving away free product.

7. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Another thing I was going to mention the other day before deciding it wasn't worth it: if the loaner is a used unit, it's probably worth nowhere near retail price for Apple. So this idea that they couldn't possibly give one away for free carries even less weight.

8. kangasj

kangasj Banned

10 pages about returning an i-pad. Damn guys. This place is really getting boring....:(

9. grantcarruthers

grantcarruthers Well-Known Member

Nah, not about iPads.

It's about soap boxes, high horses, and winter doldrums.

He tried to return it and they said no.

Now they want it.

They can have it as soon as their mistake doesn't cost him $70 or a bunch of gas and personal time. Fair enough

What's the question again?

10. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Damn!

That's about as good a Cliff Note as I have seen in a while.

Well done sir.

11. strgt

strgt Well-Known Member

Well, apple corporate was MUCH nicer to deal with. The rep my wife spoke to says she has no idea why a loaner would even have been sent, and said she was going to do what she could do to let us KEEP the ipad. The apple rep needed to speak to the douche (my words not hers) that handled my wifes account, who was not in today. This woman was the manager of the place, and made the account so that she could be the only one who handles it. So we find out the fate of our ipad tomorrow, but I suspect at a minimum we get compensated for the accessories. My wife said the lady she dealt with at apple corporate was really professional and nice about the whole situation.

12. jkhonea

jkhonea Back Again

There's a good lesson in here. Don't write off an entire company due to a couple dumbasses. There will be stupidity in ever corporation and it's usually luck of the draw as to whether you get a good or bad person. It sounds like you got the right person this time. At least they are trying to help you get this sorted out. It would be nice if you got to keep the other iPad for the trouble.

13. STT-Rider

STT-Rider Well-Known Member

Yep, calling. Co-worker or subordinate a douche sounds pretty professional to me. This CSR dept has a systemic problem it seems to me.

14. jkhonea

jkhonea Back Again

Or perhaps they're human. What a concept.

15. jkhonea

jkhonea Back Again

And Monte, the Apple worker didn't call the coworker a douche. Might want to read that again.

16. mike w

mike w Knarf's buddy

Theres that comprehension thingy again....

17. jkhonea

jkhonea Back Again

It's a bitch, ain't it? :D

18. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Dude, you're totally winning this thread. :D

19. jkhonea

jkhonea Back Again

:crackup:

20. karrotx

karrotx Well-Known Member

Apple Care.