1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RIP Marco Simoncelli

Discussion in 'General' started by Josh Whitehead, Oct 23, 2011.

1. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

We just lost an alien in the making. I truly hate it when things like this happens...

My thoughts go to his father present and to the two other riders involved.

2. Focker

Focker Well-Known Member

Thoughts and prayers go out to Fausto Gresini and the whole Gresini team. Terribly tragic to have lost 2 very talented riders in the last few years

3. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

Unreal. I woke up trying to figure out why all of my friends changed their fb pics to #58. The guy seemed invincible.

4. AH406

AH406 Well-Known Member

Deeply saddening. The whole paddock and millions around the world are mourning the passing of a very bright star. Can't imagine how Grisini feels losing a 2nd rider with the same type of promise and spark. Condolences to his friends and family. RIP Super Sic

5. pearsonm

pearsonm Well-Known Member

SPEED sure is milking the video for all it's worth today. That's one classy group of people.

6. RoadKillMafia

RoadKillMafia Well-Known Member

I had the pleasure of meeting him in the paddocks at Leguna Seca this year. As many of the racers sort of made believe they didn't hear their fans behind the barriers call them Marco walked straight towards his fans. You didn't have to ask him twice, he signed everyones passes and took pictures with everyone. I was a big fan of his before I met him but he became my favorite rider after. I'm truly heartbroken over this. I wish his family the best. I would have loved to see him give the slapdown on a factory ride....

God bless you Marco

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 23, 2011
  7. Vinny337

Vinny337 Vin is in...Beastmode!

Prayers go out the family and friends!

8. fullmetalF4i

fullmetalF4i C. Lee #826

aside from the loss I think the thing that struck me most was how unavoidable it was. If this happened with top tier riders at the controls what chance do I, or any of us fair when we go down. I spent a few hours this morning debating if I really want to risk it anymore.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You cannot avoid death in anything you do. All you can do is try to make things safer but absolutely nothing is totally safe.

10. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

Can't believe this, so sad to wake up and read the news.

11. Game

Game zip tie master

More Character and charisma than the whole paddock combined

RIP

Attached Files:

12. gaitherb

gaitherb Well-Known Member

Definitely a tragic and sad event and I am certain racers and riders around the world are grieving. I also suspect a lot of us are hugging our loved ones....and reminding ourselves that life is so precious.

13. eppy01f4i

eppy01f4i Well-Known Member

How was it handled on Speed? Did they even show the beginning of the race?

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I guess ESPN is showing it too. Absolutely ridiculous. If they both keep showing it that will be the end of me ever watching either channel again.

15. Hondaphile

Hondaphile Well-Known Member

I didn't check in on the beebs this morning as I had the race dvr'd and didn't want to spoil it. Saw the crash and knew instantly that it was a life changer but held out hope that it wasnt this bad but knew that it was once they canceled the race. He was a great talent and will be missed. I will be growing a fro in memory.

16. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

I saw it once live and I had no desire to see it again. Real class Speed and ESPN.

17. jp636

jp636 Yellow Turd

Showing (whom I guess is Marco's girlfriend) crying in the paddock is absolutely heartbreaking.

18. pearsonm

pearsonm Well-Known Member

The telecast showed the incident as it happened. The on-air commentators (the English ones, not the jackass from SPEED) made mention of the obvious fact that one replay was enough. SPEED appears to be replaying it on the hour.

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

On the tv channel? It's not on the site. ESPN has it on their site and I've already emailed them, we'll see what happens.

20. DEAN

DEAN Well-Known Member

Horrible news
    Prayers with his Family
    Guy rode hard all the time
    RIP MARCO