The Gophers have taken My Yard!

Discussion in 'General' started by chadspaint, Jul 11, 2011.

1. chadspaint

chadspaint Well-Known Member

Do you dig the hole out so it's open or just shove it in the backfilled hole?

2. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

You don't set it at the mound, you need to take a long, thin rod to probe the ground around the mound or even better, between mounds, so that you can locate the tunnel and it's direction. You then dig down to the tunnel, opening it up just wide enough to get the traps in and long enough to set 2 trap(so the gopher gets trapped if he comes from either direction) end to end. Make sure you attach a section of thin wire or chain to each one and stake it above ground, so in case the trap doesnt kill it, that it can't get away down the hole with your trap attached to him. Then take and place a board over the hole so as to not let in any light(set a large rock or something on it too).
    If you dont catch anything within a day, you need to move to the freshest mound area.

3. chadspaint

got it . If he goes down that tunnel, he's gettin wacked

4. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

"Uh oh!"

[​IMG]

5. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Haha. You're a man after my own heart. Filthy freakin' animals.

My father used to trap rats and drown them in a bucket, when he wasn't shooting them with a pellet gun. It was always morbidly interesting to watch them drown.

6. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Dude, I just saw your carbon monoxide gopher killing mechanism. Awesome! Are you from Riverside County?

7. H8R

H8R Bansgivings in process

:crackup:

8. chadspaint

Laugh it up fur ball. I 'm taking the live ones to your house!

9. chadspaint

Oh Darn it.

:D

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

10. chadspaint

Anybody know the going rate on Gopher pelts? I'm gettin hits left and right over here :D

11. chadspaint

You my friend have helped me out a ton. I thank you

12. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

My pleasure. :D

How many have you caught? I still havent seen any new mounds since I killed that one.

13. chadspaint

I caught ( dead ) 1 a day so far. Every time I check the trapps i have one. 2 from the right 1 from the left. I will check later today the one i set yesterday.

14. H8R

H8R Bansgivings in process

I keep finding little dead carcasses in my yard....Chad...F-ing stop it. :crackup::crackup::crackup:

15. BC

BC Well-Known Member

That's not very nice.:tut: A real friend would stick one under your car seat.:D

16. etemplet

etemplet Well-Known Member

...I have moles in my yard. I bought some poison peanuts today at the recommendation of a lady that sells Ortho products. The little bastards has a tunnel 300 feet long. I may as well get a the trap that impales them. I have to have closure. I'm trying to figure how many I have. Looks like the trail moved about 30 feet a day.

I've read about gophers on this thread... but...not too much about moles. A lady told me I have to get rid of the grub worms (their food source) I have almost 4 acres....I ain't playin that. I was thinkin infared goggles at night and a 22 rifle or...a spear, spike. I read about some type of guillotine you put in the trail.

Any help would be apprecaited. I'm lookin for results. :D

Thanks in advance

17. Stormdragon

Stormdragon Apogee of the nadir baby!

Using Milky Spore, (Hey, I didn't name it!) will get rid of the moles easier than trapping. They only dig up the lawn to get at the tasty grubs. Same for the 'possums, and skunks, or so I'm told.

18. etemplet

Will it give em' a rash or kill the shit out of them ??

19. Stormdragon

Stormdragon Apogee of the nadir baby!

Nope, nope. Sorry. They just go away.

If you feel a real need to put the hurt on 'em, you might try a teaspoon or two of calcium carbonate in the burrow, and follow that with enough water to get it foaming. Drop a match down the hole in 20 minutes or so. I'd recommend against doing this too close to your foundation or septic tho. :D

20. etemplet

...Unacceptable. They must pay with their lives...to the last mole !!