Hot and dry in Texas

Discussion in 'General' started by auminer, Aug 4, 2011.

1. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Yeah, it's hot pretty much everywhere except frickin San Diego. :moon:

But it's is getting downright ridiculous here in TX.

http://www.star-telegram.com/2011/08/04/3269667/texas-drought-reaches-epic-proportions.html

..."" To avoid breaking the record for the 12 driest consecutive months, set in 1956, Texas would need more than 4.5 inches of rain in the next two months, Nielsen-Gammon said.

"The climate division that covers west-central Texas has received only 3.32 inches of rainfall since Nov. 1," Nielsen-Gammon said. "That's less than 21 percent of the historical average and less than half of the previous record, set in 1956. Add in the record heat, and it's just devastating." ""...

2. Pittenger5

Pittenger5 Well-Known Member

Ehh I just spent the week in Austin, 105 there is infinitely better than 93 and humid in Miami

3. H8R

H8R Bansgivings in process

:D

4. studio819

studio819 Well-Known Member

Ice cold beer, shade, slight breeze and Jack's kiddie pool...I an doing just fine

5. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

Yeah, 76* and sunny in Seattle sounds pretty good. Feels good, too.

Edit: Hi, Bones. Doing good?

6. CW AF 03

CW AF 03 Aspiring has-been

No shit it's hot in Texas! Been running around all jocked up for the past week shooting stuff, practicing body drags, and pouring sweat out of my boots after mock patrols...

7. banzai132

banzai132 Oh shit! not again!

Ummm it's Texas, it is supposed to be hot!
    Geez, it is nothing more than a rich man's desert.

8. flyingpig70

flyingpig70 Well-Known Member

Yup! I just stay indoors, no sweat..... :beer:

9. Hooper

Hooper Well-Known Member

Bones did get some relief from the TX heat a few weeks ago while he was at Laguna Seca (~75 degrees). I saw him there with my own two eyes. :D

10. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

It's usually 100 degrees give or take a few degrees around here this time of year, don't think it was all that close to 90 today and it was almost chilly this morning. Weird weather in central Calif this year.

11. Hammer 4

Hammer 4 Can't Touch This

The whole Cali coast for that matter...:Poke: :D

12. elevenn7

elevenn7 Well-Known Member

Sunny & 80 here in the PNW today - low 80's this weekend, mid 70's in the Cascades where I'll be riding!! Six months of wet weather pays off this time of year.

13. Hooper

Hooper Well-Known Member

Aren't you in the Sacramento area? I saw on the local news the other morning about the number of days exceeding 90 degrees in July in SAC to be so low as to set a new record or something. All I know is that I've been enjoying the summer temps around here so far. I finally took the flannel sheets off of my bed a few weeks ago but I'm ready to put them back on. :D

disclaimer: Some of our hottest weather sometimes comes in September (Indian summer) so we're not out of the woods yet.

14. STT-Rider

STT-Rider Well-Known Member

Sun Valley Idaho has been pretty sweet for the last couple of weeks. Mighty tasty single track and good trout fishing as well:up:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 4, 2011
  15. RubberChicken

RubberChicken PimpMasterT

Gorgeous summer day here in SE PA today.

16. H8R

H8R Bansgivings in process

It cooled off quick today it's already 68F. We had a 71F high and it supposed to cool off all the way down to 64F. Brrrrrrrrrrrrr...gonna have to put on a sweatshirt.

17. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

it got to 84 at my office. :D

good thing i have AC in my car. :crackup:

18. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

actually though... i have this thing, where i refuse to use my air conditioner in the car. i live in southern california, and i have lived elsewhere so i appreciate how amazing it is here. windows only, this is paradise, even driving home from work on the freeway.

19. noobinacan

noobinacan Well-Known Member

I'm gonna sub to this thread...
    in a few months, when we get glorious sunshine and 70 Deg sunny weather...I will bump it up again. cause ya'll pretty summer dayers will have about 6 inches of snow about then.

HATR8D..drink it!

20. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

South of Sac in Stockton, I've only used the air conditioner four days this year. It's been a beautiful summer!!!!!!!!! 73 degrees outside right now, normally it would still be 85-90 :)