2011 200 Raceday Discussion - Spoilers Galore!

Discussion in 'General' started by Mongo, Mar 12, 2011.

1. Just Bob

Just Bob Well-Known Member

What a great race! I enjoyed reading through it here a ton more than watching Speed's regular programming. What an epic fail in every way.

I'm pulling the Dunlops off my riding mower.

2. Rain Director

Rain Director Old guy

Did I call it? :confused:
    "Talk of protests are flying like paper plates at a picnic on a windy day."

3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

DiSalvo? None.

4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I did become a fan of Bostjan Skubic if nothing else.

5. Inquizid

Inquizid Member Well-Known

I saw no bi-winning, only tri-losing from Dunlop, DMG, and Speed. I think Eslick got a raw deal compared with our 'winner'.

Does this mean they are cutting tonight's Superbike race coverage to show the end of the Clusterf*ck 200. Seriously I could tear some verbal ass over at Speed. I just wanna drive a Nascrap truck straight through headquarters and cut the chord on rerun filled weekend programing.:down:

[​IMG]

6. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

The rest of the world's bike racing organizations must be laughing their ass's off at us right now. How did AMA/DMG manage to become such a clusterf@#% ? :wow:

Speed channel :Puke:

Dunlop :tut:

DMG :down:

Last edited: Mar 12, 2011
  7. Robert L Taylor

Robert L Taylor Well-Known Member

The AMA/DMG is a F*****G JOKE! That is all.

Robert

8. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

It is sad because the riders and teams are working their asses off and the on track racing is really good.

9. 418

418 Expert #59

Hmmmm, didn't get to see all of it but sounds like another clusterf@ck.

10. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

The on track racing was great. But the way everything else was run was a joke.

11. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I thought I was back at the Moto-ST race.

12. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

At this point I don't have much venom for DMG. Well, at least not in this case. Okay, cutting the race was ass but still.

Now Dunlop? They f@cked up and f@cked up BIG. No, make that f@cked up EPIC!

Just, wow. That was Michelin F1 @ Indy EPIC.

13. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I got some pics of fans asleep in the stands during the "longest Red Flag in the history of the world".

14. 418

418 Expert #59

I should have called this. Elena Myers said something about tire issues on her bike in RRW in testing and looks like the new surface caught them with their pants down indeed. No excuse.

15. SurfingRools

SurfingRools Well-Known Member

holy shit though what an epic finish
    I think there were something like 4 leader changes every lap!?
    Disalvo stood up out of the horse shoe with like 4 to go like something was wrong and let like 5 bike by.....then sat down and turned the hammer on.

the wait SUUUUUCKED in the stands so thanks to DMG, Dunlopgay for the sun burn on my face.
    But holy cow it was epic racing all 15 laps. That wreck down the straight at the end was chilling to see.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2011
  16. SurfingRools

the long red flag was due to a MANDATORY front tire change for everyone on the grid.......
    but what I cant figure out is....
    everyone has 2 scheduled stops remaining....no one had a front tire ready to go!? Everyone had to go to dunlop for a tire change?

17. APCh8r

APCh8r Well-Known Member

They probably had the softer compound that was causing the problem so they had to go to Dunlop to get the harder compound would be my guess.

18. yetidave

yetidave Well-Known Member

They made everyone go to a medium compound. Russell said that they were "going to a softer compound". That implies that they were all on hards. How going to a softer compound is supposed to alleviate tire chunking is beyond me.

19. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Two warm up laps was kinda strange. I would think the tires would cool off too much.

20. SurfingRools

well there were guys that had to start the sighting as soon as the front was put on the bike...no time for warmers. So they did one sighting lap and 2 warp ups