1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bluegrass Motorsports Park

Discussion in 'Track Days' started by bEeR, Apr 25, 2009.

?

Will BMP open in 2010?

1. Yes

44 vote(s)
    21.8%
  2. No

67 vote(s)
    33.2%
  3. Who really cares anymore

91 vote(s)
    45.0%
  1. oldmonk

oldmonk Just trying something!

Such a damn shame! A track that would actually be reasonably close and it's a dead duck!
    Maybe someone will come along and save it someday. Of course I'll be too old to enjoy it by then. :(

2. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Monte and STT should step up to the plate and buy the place!

3. bEeR

bEeR Hookers & Blow

I could care less who owns the place as long as they'd at least attempt to finish it. It hasn't been touched in almost two years now.

4. STT-Rider

STT-Rider Well-Known Member

Stranger things have happened....

5. Stephen81

Stephen81 Well-Known Member

Thats the best Bluegrass news in 2 years! LOL:crackup:

6. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Yes it is...Monte I'll prepay for a few trackdays if that will help!

7. bEeR

bEeR Hookers & Blow

What's the word Monte? Any more litigation updates?

8. STT-Rider

Litigation is over and settled. I'll post details up early next week. It;s getting closer.

9. oldmonk

oldmonk Just trying something!

Closer to what exactly? :rolleyes:

10. gixxercurt

gixxercurt Curtis Murray

closer to bein close to almost done of course...:rolleyes:

11. STT-Rider

Closer to me not being asked to answerquestions about it.

12. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

You've been hanging around too many people with esquire attached to their name.. :D

13. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

:crackup::clap::bow:

14. Repo Man

Repo Man 50 years of Yamaha GP!!

The Basstards at BG owe me & my Son a trackday for the slave labor we did there, hope they don't "forget"..... :Poke:

And a local private pilot says no progress on the property all Summer...

Last edited: Sep 6, 2010
  15. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

I think me and Joe were there grillin' out with Brad and turning some laps when you were screwing tires together..:D

Here's a thought: Jerry Carroll, co-owner/chairman of Kentucky Speedway, should buy the place...
    KY Speedway was just awarded a neckcar race next year, big money will be coming in...I could seriously see Carroll taking ownership of BG.
    He definitely has the jack.

BG could be used for Indy car testing, neckcar roadrace testing, karting, mix in a few motorcycle events, lotsa car clubs, etc....

For those that don't know, BG roadcourse is just an exit from the KY Speedway.

16. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

I was at the IRL race Sat night and they've done a lot to their facility...looks good. I know the economy makes it tough, but someone with a little insight and some cash could save BG.

17. PJFZ1

PJFZ1 Who Me?

The above ideas are great IF BG was failing completely.. I don't know that it is.. just dealing with some setbacks, and the owners aren't looking to sell it or in a position that forces it.

18. STT-Rider

Shhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! Come on man....Don't spoil a perfectly good "pull stuff from our asses party!!!"

19. PJFZ1

PJFZ1 Who Me?

Sorry Monte... I'll try to pull some good stuff out of my butt..

I know - Monte and Bonnie bought it, and making it bikes only, with $10 trackdays, no gear required, and rental bikes for $50,,, With a discount if you bring a cooler full of beer! (how's that) :)

BTW - miss you guys - tell Bonnie I said hey!

20. STT-Rider

Forgot free hookers and blow on Thursdays.

The reason that not much (if anything) has been publicly stated is that there was an on-going lawsuit that involved the bank, the owners group (the track) and the contractor. Unfortunately the only public statements you can make at such a time = "Sorry, no comment". Anything else is pretty much forbidden by Council.