Alright you fat f*kr's...

Discussion in 'General' started by DavieStone, Jun 18, 2010.

1. DavieStone

DavieStone Well-Known Member

Mongo...take note. I am going to help ya so that you will be able to look down and see your pee-pee again:D

Its no secret that I am carrying a little more weight than I should. Now this doesnt mean that I dont run 3 to 4 times a week the mountain trails (like running football bleachers) in this area that are anywhere from 3.5 miles to 4 miles long or that I cannot do several 30 min moto's at the dirtbike track in succession.

But...I do have a little shed covering the hardware.

I came back from Miller weighing in at 240lbs. This of course causes several problems at the track when you are racing kids that are about the size of spider monkeys...and...the weight was even more evident when I needed a heavier rear spring for my bike and they said they do not make one any heavier:wow:

The above said...I ran into my buddy who said that his girlfriend lost 50lbs in two months and now he was on the diet. That being the case I was all ears and two days later they faxed me the Mayo Clinic Diet designed for over weight heart patients that needed to lose weight before their surgery.

I looked it over and it looked to be a carb depletion diet, had some foods that I personally wouldnt think was a "clean" diet food...but what the heck. It worked for her and him...I will give it a try.

2 weeks, 2 days later I am 11 lbs lighter and dropping every day. People I havent seen in a few weeks are like..."damn...your double chin is going away!". Its gotta be the easiest diet I have ever done and ya...I still cheat every once in a while with a beer or two or three or....

Here it is...start today and let me know your progress.

Breakfast
    1/2 cup of grapefruit juice (unsweeted)
    2 eggs any style
    2 slices of bacon

Lunch
    1/2 cup of grapefruit juice
    salad with any dressing
    Meat any style or amount

Dinner
    1/2 cup of grapefruit juice
    meat any style or amount (fish may be substituted)
    Vegetables any green or red (cook in butter or any seasoning)

Bedtime snack
    Glass of tomato juice or skim milk

Instructions
    1. At any meal you may eat until you are full
    2. Dont skip the bacon at BK or omit salads. It is the combination of food that burns fat.
    3. The grapefruit is important because it acts as a catalyst that starts the burning process. Limit 3 cups a day.
    4. Cut down on coffee. It affects the insulin balance that hinders the burning process. Limit 3 cups a day.
    5. Dont eat between meals. if you eat the combinations of foods suggested, you will not be hungry.
    6. Do not eat desserts, breads, white veggies, or sweet potatoes. you may double or triple helpings of meat, salad or vegetables. Eat as much of the right foods as you want per setting.

Note
    1. This diet completely eliminates sugars and starches, which are lipids and form fat. Fat doesn not form fat. It helps burn it so you can fry foods in butter.
    2. You can lose 10lbs in 10 days. There will be no loss for the first 4 days, but you will lose after that. There after you will lose 1 1/2lbs every 2 days until you are at your desired weight.
    3. All soft drinks need to be diet and caffeine free.
    4. you may not have white onions, potatoes or celery.
    5. You may have red onions, broccoli, lettuce, tomatoes, bell peppers, green onions, cabbage, radishes, spinach and carrots.

Important: stay on diet for 12 days and stop dieting for 2 days.

Ok...there ya go guys. Its works, I feel great and I am getting soooo sexy:D

2. Strick

Strick Good to be king

And what happens when you stop the magic diet?

3. Dr. GoFast

Dr. GoFast Well-Known Member

interesting, thx 4 posting.

4. Dr. GoFast

Dr. GoFast Well-Known Member

same thing that happens when you stop training...

5. Dits

Dits Will shit in your fort.

Don't fall off the wagon and eat a bagel and a Snicker's bar. It'll make you feel like shit physically. I've make it a point to eat like that for about the past three or four years... it works. 40 years old, 6 ft tall and 165 pounds. If I quit the beer and wine I'd probably look like an Ethiopian.

Good luck.

6. tjg412

tjg412 Well-Known Member

What's the stop for 2 days mean, eat anything you want?

7. DavieStone

The people that I talked to that had been on the diet for over a year said that it was a life style. The just kept a eye on their weight and if they went on a binge and gain a few pounds they would go hard core back on it again.

My problem has been my eating habits and what I drink. The last four years I had been eating a lot of carbs and switch from drinking coors light to Jack/coke (straight sugar). Keep the carbs and sugars down and I have heard you will be fine.

Look at it this way...it took me 45 years to put on this weight, it aint going to be easy changing my habits to go back to the lean, mean, sexy machine of my youth!!

8. R Acree

R Acree Banned

This is a first for you, right?

9. DavieStone

I guess? I only have a one page copy of the diet and do it about 90% of the time. If I stopped drinking beer...I am sure that this baby will have me down to looking like a pro volley ball player in a few months.

10. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Hate to break it to you but 1 cup of grapefruit juice has 24 grams of sugar in it (fructose). Skim milk also has sugar in it (lactose)

And depending on the salad dressing you choose, that may also have sugar in it.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2010
  11. rwmystery

rwmystery Active Member

Thanks, I might just have to jump on this.. Did they say anything about exercising at all or just sticking to this diet and you lose weight?

12. DavieStone

Acree...I have so much charm, wit and bleed testosterone in person that you should see the hot chicks I have either dated or married. After a few months...even you will not be able to resist my love gun:D

13. james walker

james walker beat down, broken & busted

new AllStone motto:

from fat to thin in twen'yten :cool:

14. DavieStone

I go to whole foods and get the natural grapefruit juice with no sugar added. In reality...who cares? It works, my firewall has moved back and my penis grew a inch in the last week! :crackup:

15. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

It's called the Grapefruit Diet, and it's spinoff the "Hollywood Diet". It's been around for decades ;) Supposed to be some enzyme in grapefruit that works with protein to help you lose weight. Never tried it, don't plan on it.

http://www.webmd.com/diet/features/the-grapefruit-diet

The Grapefruit Diet: What It Is

The Grapefruit Diet, has been around a long time -- since at least the 1930s. A short-term, quick weight loss plan also known as the Hollywood Diet or the Mayo Diet (not associated with the Mayo Clinic), the Grapefruit Diet surprisingly has survived the test of time, being circulated by word of mouth, online and in book form -- yet no one claims ownership of the plan.

The premise of the Grapefruit Diet is based on an alleged "magical" ingredient in grapefruits, that, when eaten with protein, theoretically triggers fat burning and causes weight loss. The diet is designed to promote fast weight loss; unfortunately, the weight lost is primarily from fluids and not fat and generally returns as soon as the dieter goes off the diet.

The seeds of the Atkins Diet may have been sown by the food choices of the wacky, very low calorie, low carbohydrate, high proteinGrapefruit Diet.

Most versions promise a 10-pound weight loss during the 12-day diet. Dieters who want more than 12 days of monotony must wait two days before starting the diet again. Exercise is recommended in some versions and absent in others. Long-term weight control is not part of the diet plan.

The Grapefruit Diet: What You Can Eat

In most versions of the Grapefruit Diet, a small variety of foods are required at breakfast, lunch, dinner, and at bedtime. Dieters are encouraged to drink black coffee and plenty of water throughout the day.

Sample Meal Plan:

* Breakfast

2 eggs, 2 slices of bacon, black coffee, 1/2 grapefruit or 8 ounces grapefruit juice

* Lunch

Salad with salad dressing, unlimited meat, and 1/2 grapefruit or 8 ounces grapefruit juice

* Dinner

Red or green vegetables (except starchy ones such as peas, beans, corn, sweet potatoes) or salad, unlimited meat or fish, and 1/2 grapefruit or 8 ounces grapefruit juice

* Bedtime snack

8 ounces skim milk

In the Grapefruit Diet you can use all the butter and salad dressing you desire and prepare foods in any method, including fried. Grapefruit juice must be unsweetened. Any food or beverage not on the diet is not allowed. Snacking is only permitted after dinner. Drink 64 ounces of water daily. Eat all of the approved foods.

The Grapefruit Diet: How It Works

This low-carbohydrate, moderate-protein diet is another low-calorie diet averaging 800-1,000 calories in most versions. Most people will lose weight -- with or without grapefruit on the Grapefruit Diet -- when calories are dramatically reduced to this level. Unfortunately, there are no explanations for how the mysterious grapefruit enzyme works and why it is only contained in grapefruit and not other citrus fruits.

No scientific studies to date substantiate grapefruit's power to burn fat.

One small study published in 2006 and funded by the Florida Department of Citrus found that the addition of a half grapefruit or 4 ounces of juice with meals resulted in an average weight loss of more than 3 pounds in 12 weeks, with some participants losing 10 pounds. Researchers suspect the addition of grapefruit to the otherwise healthy meals reduced insulin levels and promoted a small weight loss. Study participants also "slightly enhanced" their physical activity, which could also explain the weight loss.

While grapefruit is a very nutritious low-calorie fruit (66-84 calories per serving), loaded with vitamin C and fiber, it is not a mysterious fat burner. The low glycemic index, high fiber, and low calorie nature of the fruit may reduce insulin levels and help dieters feel full and eat fewer calories. Beyond that, no magic appears to be at work with the Grapefruit Diet. Experts say one small study is not enough to pin magical powers on this fruit.

The Grapefruit Diet: What the Experts Say

"There is no evidence that grapefruit has fat-burning enzymes nor is it a magic bullet for weight loss" says American Dietetic Association past president Connie Diekman.

Kelly Brownell, PhD, director of the Rudd Center for Food Policy and Obesity at Yale University, agrees. "There is no scientific basis to the claim that grapefruit is special in this way," he writes in a WebMD commentary. "Grapefruit is a good food, but so are other healthy foods like vegetables and other fruits."

Beyond the nutritious grapefruit, experts agree, the Grapefruit Diet has numerous pitfalls and should not be used for anyone looking for sustainable, long-term weight control. The limited variety of foods is so restrictive it does little to help dieters improve their eating habits or behaviors.

And such a limited variety of foods in small portions is a prescription for boredom, monotony, and taste fatigue. It's exactly the formula that causes most dieters to throw in the towel, disgusted with trying to lose weight.

"On again, off again diets perpetuate the misunderstanding of healthy weight loss," says Washington University Nutrition Director, Diekman. "Sure, you will lose weight, but it will be primarily fluids and not the fat associated with health risks. And most people regain it as fast as they lost it -- so why bother?" she says.

Healthy weight loss is a process not a promise. "If you want long-term success, don't waste your time on the Grapefruit Diet," Diekman says. "Look for a flexible weight loss diet individualized to your needs, [one] that addresses behaviors, includes a wide variety of healthy foods, exercise, and can be enjoyed."

The Grapefruit Diet: Food for Thought

The expert consensus seems to be pretty clear: Don't bother with the Grapefruit Diet.

While nutritious grapefruit certainly can be part of a healthy weight loss plan, it contains no mysterious fat-burning properties. If you love grapefruit, reap the benefits of this supernutritious food by enjoying a serving before meals. The addition of a half grapefruit or a glass of grapefruit juice before meals may help fill you up so you'll eat fewer calories at meals, potentially losing weight. For added nutrition, choose pink grapefruit, which is rich in beta-carotene.

Along with a well-balanced, sensible, calorie-controlled diet, don't forget to include a regular dose of physical activity -- a scientifically proven way to burn fat and lose weight.

A claim the Grapefruit Diet just can't make.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2010
  16. Former

Former Well-Known Member

Question regarding 1/2 cup of grapefruit juice: Do you mean freshly squeezed or the bottled kind like Tropicana Ruby Red Grapefruit?

17. kz2zx

kz2zx zx2gsxr2zx

Jesus, what a mess of a thread.

Stone, when you want to achieve real weight loss, let me know, and I can give you some pointers.

183 today. 121 lbs gone. No fancy diets, just a lot of salad and sensible choices, regular meals and regular exercise (a whole lot of it, too).

I'd post more, but I'm headed to the gym now.

18. Dits

Dits Will shit in your fort.

All fruit juices are going to have a fairly large amount of naturally occuring sugar in them. This causes your blood sugar to spike and will generally jack up the low starch/low sugar diet's ability to increase your metabolism.

I'd stay away from that part of it. If you feel you need the vitamin c etc, eat a grapefuit, but leave the juice.

19. Strick

Strick Good to be king

But, but, but......that is hard work....

20. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

No one told Davey he was on a fad diet? LOL

Dieting is not rocket science. It's simple math, burn off more than you take in. If you want to lose weight you need to make lifestyle changes. Not diet for a couple weeks unless your plan is to just drop weight for a small window like a beach time or a vacation.