1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how many of you guys sleep in your ENCLOSED TRAILER?

Discussion in 'Track Days' started by Jackhammer1k, Apr 27, 2010.

1. Jackhammer1k

Jackhammer1k Well-Known Member

i got a 5x10 enclosed trailer with roof vent and im thinking of sleeping in it during trackdays to save money on hotels (which ive been doing in the past).

i finally got a real quiet generator and even added a small TV in my trailer for entertainment.

also got a fan for hot summer nights and space heater for colder nights.

problem is i have no SIDE DOOR (only ramp).... would it be a problem? suffocate? lol any tips?

another option would be to sleep in my truck (got a 05 pathfinder and with backseat down, i can put a twinsize airbed inside.

2. DuncR6

DuncR6 BCICAN

If you have a vent then I don't see a problem. If it were me I'd do it.

3. milty

milty Well-Known Member

Lots of guys up here in Canada do it.

4. SpeedyTide

SpeedyTide 'Bama's Bad Boy

Yours has a vent, so yup.... go for it! Insulate it with some styrofoam, and it helps.

I sleep in mine, and I do have the side door, but no roof vents.

I have the ceramic heater for the cold nights, and a 9,000 BTU portable A/C for the hot, muggy nights. Cut out a hole in the floor up near the front to connect the exhaust hose.

Majority of folks stay in the trailers.

5. pefrey

pefrey Well-Known Member

Put some insulation on the roof, the pink foam board is probably the best thing, others may want to chime in. This will not only keep the inside cooler, but will deaden the sound when it rains.

6. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

too many nights in a trailer = trailer trash. :D

7. maidenamerica71

maidenamerica71 expect the unexpected

i insulated the top of mine with some foil bubble wrap. i bought it from a trailer manufacturing place, after considering the pink sheeting and the sort. I had to cover the inside framing of the trailer, or the Alabama heat negated any real benefits. I have a bit of it left, if you're interested. and, oddly...i didn't 'finish' the ceiling. I sort of like the lighting effects when mixed with 'chem' lites :beer:

I also have an AC unit in place of the Vent. the foil reduced the pull on the compressor/generator. (yes, imma spoiled. won't argue there.)

I also lock the cam locks on all doors...so i don't mysteriously get locked in. :tut:

this is actually paddock shenanigans...so, be aware. :Poke:

8. 03silvr6

03silvr6 Well-Known Member

I sleep in mine just about every time, save a lot of cash not paying for a hotel. I pulled the panel off and insulated the sides with 3.5 foam board. I have carpet i lay down on the floor after the bikes are out. 10 min with a space heater and its about 80 degree's inside.

Agreed just crack the roof vent and you will be ok

9. kiggy74

kiggy74 As useful as an...

You don't need to insulate to sleep in the trailer. Just get a good sleeping bag and air mattress and you'll be fine. Notice too that a lot of folks sleep in tents on the ground, so you're still better off than them in your trailer. Just make sure you don't have any practical jokers around that lock you in your trailer.

10. darkside879

darkside879 Well-Known Member

I sleep in mine everytime! For cold weather i have a heated blanket and never need more than a fan for the summer! :beer:

11. ToxicRacing

ToxicRacing Well-Known Member

I do, cot and sleeping bag and it's like home ;)

12. dannyjames1684

dannyjames1684 Ride slow homie

shitty home life?

13. mysticblu999

mysticblu999 Active Member

I've always thought about it, but I always end up at hotel. Is noise an issue when you're trying to sleep?

14. SpeedyTide

SpeedyTide 'Bama's Bad Boy

Can be if you're anywhere near drunktards.

How do I cope.... earplugs.

15. Slowstad

Slowstad Well-Known Member

I sleep in my 6X12. I really can't see paying for a hotel when given the option to camp at the track.

Where I don't use my gen to heat/cool it an old futon matress (they roll up pretty nice) sheets pillows et al and I'm cozy in winter or summer.

Summer in is especially nice. With the rear ramp down and my sweetie next to me it's a great way to wake up on a race day :D

16. Chango

Chango Something clever!

I sleep in my Vibe. The rear seats and the front passenger seat all fold down flat, so I just toss in a memory foam topper with a blanket if it's cold, and I open the sunroof when it's hot. Dark tinted windows are my friends...

But, if I had an enclosed trailer I would sleep in it every single time.

17. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Just dont leave the lock unlocked hanging on the ouside....:) I would sleep under a EZ Up before getting a Hotel... Waking up at the track is where its at!

18. pjdoran

pjdoran Well-Known Member

In a trailer!? I wish!

Generally sleep in the bed of the truck under the Ezup, or in the open. This past weekend I backed it into Nashville garage for sleepy time and my "crew chief" slept on an inflatable mattress on the pit floor.

You can live in a trailer, my family did for years:crackup:

19. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

how many people sleep in their enclosed trailer? I can't believe anyone will say no.

I thought that was the entire point of an enclosed trailer...

20. Matt399

Matt399 Well-Known Member

I very rarely sleep in the trailer. There's nothing like waking up in a real bed to an alarm that isn't a loud 2 stroke, taking a shit and shower in a private bathroom, and pulling into the paddock with a fresh cup of coffee to start the race day. But then again I also joined the Air Force instead of the Army for the exact same reasons, so to each his own.:D