1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Summit Rumor...

Discussion in 'General' started by Macon663, Jan 19, 2010.

1. RubberChicken

RubberChicken PimpMasterT

FACT: The owner of Summit Point died last month. That may change things.

RUMORED: That the track will be repaved and left to cure for three weeks. That rumor has been circulated by some knowledgeable people for about a month or more.

My made-up RUMOR: They are going to pave Summit Point with diamonds, fur from bikini waxes, and crushed dreams. They will serve free Lobster, Yuengling and Pie in the snack bar 24 hours a day, and they will send naked cheerleades to your pit to freshen your beers when it gets warm.

If we're going to start January rumors without any knowledge of actual facts, then let's make up some that make us happy!

2. KovzR6

KovzR6 Well-Known Member

you either, a: havent been outside all winter and have gone insane, or b: you have been spending too much time in the garage huffin race gas

:D

3. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

:crackup::crackup:

I like this one... I'm going with it :D

4. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Sounds like I will be doing all of the summit events this year. The. Lobster was the clincher!

5. slower than u

slower than u Well-Known Member

+1 ! :crackup:

As long as they dont put rhino liner down in the turns ala VIR we will be ok -

6. HPPT

HPPT !!!

And the following people will be buried face down in the pit lane pavement with their asses sticking out to be used as wheel chocks two motivate racers to grid up at first call: 2Fer, eggfooyoung, putter, pepe le pew, and a few dungeon-only creatures.

7. RollieManollie

RollieManollie I Need to Get My Beak Wet

This is great news! I also heard nelson is being repaved in april and raushe creek starts construction in march!!

8. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

WOW!! I didn't make the list!! :D

9. Carnage R1

Carnage R1 Well-Known Member

Rumor- Getting repaved so they can sell it?

10. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

The government wants it! They want the entire property to themselves when they conduct training.

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The government has plenty of places where they conduct private training.

12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

It was close, very close, but I can still taste those cookies in my head. :D

13. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Rausch creek? Blah ha ha ha! :crackup: That's funnier than the lobster shit!

14. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

True. What I said was the case a few years ago. Perhaps not so much today.

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Certain companies do want privacy but they're not usually on ALL of the tracks. Especially with the new stuff opened up closer to town.

16. triplestrong

triplestrong Well-Known Member

Me too me too!!!:crackup:

17. KillerCam

KillerCam KillerCam Racing

Hookers and Blow Yea

18. J. WILLOW

J. WILLOW Well-Known Member

Putting cars on the track too soon isn't the reason it is falling apart, We open highways back up to traffic when the new pavement reaches 140 degrees F. It is a material failure and not the correct asphalt mix design for the application. They probably did pull the plug when they found out how much it was going to cost them to fix it right. That means milling off all of the garbage they placed ther two years ago and maybe more if it's not structurally sound material underlying, I've seen projects go down to the stone base.

Since Summit is home for me, I will consult for them for free, I don't want to see it bitched up again.

19. Chumbucket

Chumbucket Well-Known Member

Uhhhhhhhhhhh...DISCLAIMER: I love Summit...

That said it has been "bitched up" for over a quarter century, since the late '70s anyway...Scarified, concrete like ice, concrete like velcro and asphalt like ice, weird patches some of which aren't native to this galaxy, holes, bumps, dragons teeth and occasional deer herds and a reinforced regiment of feral cats...OK, forget the deer and cats...

It doesn't change annually, it can change in a weekend, it can certainly do a Jekyll and Hyde act in one season...It's just amazing...I think guys are talking about the cars because the first place you see the track degrade is in braking areas, and where the cars are loading up the G's on outside wheels, in the turns...

I'm sure there's an answer to the whole thing, I'd like to think there is, do core samples, have some pro like you look at it and figure out what the story is, but time and time again folks with every intention of doing the right thing -- Bill Scott springs to mind -- repave the place and it just degrades, and they have tried a lot of things up there...

20. rugbymook

rugbymook Under Construction

RubberChicken failed to mention the chearleaders could be MALE.

:Puke: