1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So long rolling starts!

Discussion in 'General' started by Dave K, Sep 5, 2009.

1. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

2. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

Awesome. They do listen. :clap:

3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Not really, motogt is still there. :D

4. BRKNtibia

BRKNtibia AMAfan Wannabe

Also good is the advisory committee. All of this shows that they are willing to listen and make changes for the betterment of the sport. They just might win me over yet.

5. moho

moho Well-Known Member

"We foresee that certain competition adjustments will be made to ensure that competitive balance continues. During the offseason, we will be finalizing the analysis of all the data before those competitive adjustments are announced."

read: we will continue to make shit up as we go

6. PAzYearazzUP

PAzYearazzUP Banned

:... competitive balance continues?" Squid Pro Bono some bonzo had a better shot on the rolling start. Now it's bog city burn my clutch pack, whack me from behind I'm at a dead stop.

"Damned if you do, damned if you don't."

7. SloMo510

SloMo510 Still Slow

450 in MotoGT!!! what in the hell are they thinking??? wonder how that will work out???

8. SLLaffoon

SLLaffoon Well-Known Member

They even added a class, GT3, that is supposed to meet the specifications of the Formula 450 class. I wonder how that's going to go. I hope they aren't planning on endurance racing the MX bikes. That suggestion seems pretty far out there to me, so I hope I'm reading it correctly.

edit... what he said.

9. Gron4

Gron4 I'm in your house

Now bring on LeMans style starts!

10. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

Can't wait for a the 450 bike to be flat out at a fast track (like Road Atlanta) to have a 600cc bike come by it like its sitting still. Awesomeness comes to mind. :down:

11. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

What is the difference in laptimes between 600's and 450's at a track like VIR?

12. ToddClark

ToddClark f'n know it all

and theyre gonna make 2 way radio communication between rider and pits mandatory? that could be good.......or bad.

13. mike w

mike w Knarf's buddy

it will be good for whoever they contract to supply em...for most riders prolly not so good

14. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Rolling starts after red flag?

15. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

Are you kats f*cking serious? For f*cks sake, quit whining and bitching. DMG could give you all 500 bucks and you'd bitch about the tax you'd have to pay on it.

Nearly everyone hated the rolling starts - now they're gone.

Nearly everyone hated the safety car - mostly gone.

450 in Moto GT3 whatever - who the hell cares? It's less than a support class to the spectator, but to the guys running in it it's a way to be a part of an AMA event. Who gives a shit what bikes they allow in it? People bitch that the Buell is too much for DSB, and now people are bitching that a bike that will most likely be uncompetitive is being allowed in a class most don't pay attention to? Really??

I agree, a 450 in an endurance race is lunacy - my first thought was that the 1 that doesn't break will be the winner. But, who really cares? You don't have to enter one if you don't want to! You wanna run some MotoGT endurance? You don't have to run a 450.

For the love of Jeff, this shit is getting ridiculous. I know DMG has made several mistakes, but has also done some things that made sense. Some have stayed open minded...

Some haven't.

They're making the changes most of us screamed they should have. Give props when due.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2009
  16. scott65

scott65 Well-Known Member

Fixed it for US.:beer:

17. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

:crackup:

Rough day?

18. Hooper

Hooper Well-Known Member

Maybe he picked the wrong day to quit sniffing glue? :D

19. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

Ha! :D

Naw, not really.

I read the news over at deanoland and I thought it was a great bit of news. So, of course, I went to the beeb for reaction. I 'spose I shouldn't have been suprised, but the negativety is gettin to be a little much for me. I mean, there's 5 threads about how SBKplanet sucks because Dean's shit is unendingly negative re: DMG, but then the same thing happens here. I don't get it sometimes.

No rant, no bad day, limited glue sniffin, just this: no rolling starts, no safety car, and DMG listening and making changes. All good things. :beer:

Last edited: Sep 5, 2009
  20. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

I don't know VIR but you have to consider the worst case...not the best case or the average case. VIR isn't a high speed track compared to Road Atlanta.