Grab your popcorn (Freddie Spencer post)

Discussion in 'General' started by Steeltoe, Oct 23, 2008.

1. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

I find it hard to believe that the dude is that broke.

2. RumbleStrip

RumbleStrip Well-Known Member

columbian bananas are gods way of telling you you have to much money???

or he doesn't like columbian bananas, but he likes the smell???

3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Beats sucking dick for black tar bananas.

4. BC

BC Well-Known Member

Why doesn't he call Kenny Roberts and have him spot him a few bucks.

5. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

hookers and blow aint cheap!

6. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

:Pop:

7. TrackStar

TrackStar www.trackstar1.com

Gotta live within your means. Starter fluid, a rag and some mini thins get the same job done when your in a bind.

8. joec

joec brace yourself

in maryland, the bank can seize everything you own pretty much. they only have to leave with something like 5k in belongings. they'll take your television if they want. default on your car loan, they'll seize your bank accounts etc.....and they can take your car!!! then what?? vendors dont get paid, you owe people money, then cant get to it. it can get real messy. id imagine its like that most places. i have a friend whos business went under, and ford seized his bank account, even after he turned the car in. if they are sending trucks for freddies bikes, its bad news.

9. gixer1100

gixer1100 CEREAL KILLER

guy should make good to the people he owes, i dont care who you are, cheating and stealing isnt cool.

10. Venos

Venos Well-Known Member

If he doesn't he might want to be worried about receiving a Colombian necktie, then he won't have to worry about his banana problems anymore. If he's screwed the people working for him like this, I'm pretty sure he probably has some other folks behind the scenes that aren't too happy with him either.

11. styles

styles The untrained eye

regardless of how much we all hate his announcing and slow blinking, this sucks.

12. Lizard 1

Lizard 1 Well-Known Member

Why does it suck? Does it suck because he apparently had some poor management of his business? He wasn't blind sided by this. You don't owe people "thousands of dollars" and have Honda come with trucks to repo bikes and you not know what's going on. It doesn't happen overnight, folks.

Guy was a piss poor business guy and screwed some folks along the way. Happens everyday in business. He shafted people in an effort to save himself and it all fell apart. I don't feel sorry for him or think "this sucks"...

Now, had he paid folks what they were owed or stated things were tight and those who wanted to stay on board with the idea that checks may not be able to be cashed, fine. He at least tried to keep folks informed and would have been up front with them. Had he fell into bad times and everyone knew a little bit about what was coming and when it did, they weren't shocked, it would have been a deal where I would have felt bummed about it.

But to hear Nick state "the price of gas" being a somewhat issue in all this is PR 101 and an effort to try and swing it to another way of looking at it vs. what really is the issue. Nick was simply being VERY PC about it... Come on.

A lot of businesses that are on the brink and ready to close shop a lot of times don't let employees in on what's going on. Reason being is they are greedy and know the employees will probably leave sooner than later due to knowing it doesn't look good and they need to go to a place that is more stable. Waiting until the final hour to let them in on what's going on is BS and insensitive.

13. R Acree

R Acree Banned

:stupid:

On the other side of that spectrum, I worked for a contractor in NC for a few years. We had some financial issues and the guy was up front, asked us all to take a pay cut to keep the thing going. This was only after he put up everything he had worked 35 years to accumulate, including his house, his vacation home, his retirement accounts, and properties to stay in business and not lay anyone off. That is a man I respect and would work for again given the opportunity.

14. gixer1100

gixer1100 CEREAL KILLER

i hope the guy is shunned by everyone and anything in the industry, and told everywhere he goes how much of a prick he is. unless of course he settles this with everyone and pays up.

15. Robert

Robert Flies all green 'n buzzin

The disgruntled instructor claimed this “wasn't due to a lack of students” yet Spencer ran out of cash. Ienatsch said it was due to personal problems. Did Spencer make some bad investments? Did the bank call in some loans? I still haven't heard what caused this.

16. Robert

Robert Flies all green 'n buzzin

If your employer refused to let you in on what is going on, how long would you work without being paid?

17. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

If you're not getting paid then you are no longer working. You are volunteering.

18. R Acree

R Acree Banned

For as long as I could get away with use of their computer for a job search.

19. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

:stupid:

20. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

One of my vendors is close to the situation.
    I "heard" it has something to do with booze, and domestic violence.