Riders down at BeaveRun

Discussion in 'General' started by jeffrop, Jun 3, 2007.

1. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

Uh.. no suh! I's can' takes no mo' beatuns, suh!

I ain't okay yet, but I think I will be by this weekend. Hopefully, the bike will be too.

Readin' and postin' on the board is easy - it just makes me cross-eyed from time to time. Its that whole "standing-up-and-walking-around-without-getting-dizzy" thing that's givin' me a little trouble at the moment.

When I woke up this morning, one pupil was bigger than the other... looked a little weird, but it went away. :D

2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Wait, Doh crashed? Hmmmmm.

3. KovzR6

KovzR6 Well-Known Member

the ground jumped up and hit him.

4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Paige babe, you're on MY list. Hubba hubba! :D

5. Lawn Dart

It was to settle a bet... Proving a couple of laws of physics.. something about gravity being a constant and something else about distinct matter trying to occupy the same space as another... or something like that... I can't remember - most of my memory went in the wreck... On a side note, I think I won the bet, but I can't remember who owes me money...

And before you say it, my last one was 07/2005 (CMP)

6. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Name change? Xaus would be an insult (to a non crashing Xaus). Checa? Nah Chris is further up in the points than Checa.

I'll have to think about it. :D

7. Lawn Dart

:D

Indeed. Much like a lawn-dart...

8. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I thought about it. :D

9. KMC

KMC DUC|DET

Pete is right. Robert was way too hot (not to mention on the front wheel) coming in to turn 1 as he ran my dad over. I asked some of the people who were standing near by and they described it as one guy being out of control and smashing into the other guy.

I hope Robert heals quickly and is able to make the next round. He seems like a very nice guy. My dad is not doing well. Broken thumb and some torn muscles in his chest and upper back. Was in the hospital till 3 in the morning.

Someone said Robert had a camera on his bike. I'd like to see the footage.

10. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Should have been wearing something besides a $50 helmet. You'd have your memory, not have male pattern baldness and have problems with your erector set. :D

11. KovzR6

KovzR6 Well-Known Member

LOLLLLLLLLLL......

sorry for laughin chris... but thats good :)

12. redducman996

redducman996 must go faster

glad to hear that dan, robert and larry are doing ok.

13. Lawn Dart

Thanks there, guy... Its cool, I'm glad I was okay too. :D

14. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Come on Sean, be an adult. Are you going to play these chilish games again? I mean, do you think saying that I'm "whining and bitching" is going to stop me from voicing my questions and concerns on here about safety? I'm sorry - I really am, that this threatens you enough to post "aw, I'm sorry about your son" - to my dad. That's something a 12 year old would do. Really.

Your ego problem lies in your tone, attitude, and the general way you handle yourself on here. You're extremely fortunate in the line of work you're in. Treat the customers however you want, and we'll come back and give you our money. Do you realize not one WERA official at any events I've ever been at, acts how you do? We're extremely fortunate as riders that you only extend as far as the internet world. I mean, Sublet is great. Graver is great. The girls at registration are great. They don't take any crap, but they're just a touch flexible, and they sure as hell get things done. They're also not demeaning like you are. It's sad how bad it is with you - really. I know you've got to take a lot of crap on here. I get that. But it's not that bad to justify the way you act on here.

That's great. Thanks for the demeaning "welcome to WERA" comment also. Your response is all I asked. I didn't tell you how to do anything. I asked about guardrail incidents. There's been two this year. Almost three if I hadn't laid it down in the grass going into T9 at Grattan. That's not me telling you how to do your job. What I'm asking is, how are you going to do your job? Can we see some haybales in the future? Is that a lot to ask? If so, let us know. We'll bring our own. We'll do something. People are chiming in together, and you immediately segregate it with the attitude of, "I got it, don't worry - we know what we're doing." I mean, can you see your tone at all there? Do you remember the thread about guys volunteering to help move dirt and whatever else at Nelson? People here are volunteering to help out. People want to help. Yet if they voice concerns more than once, they're "bitching and whining". A common stereotype you use to shut people up. It works sometimes, but I don't buy it. Not in this case, sorry.

Have my past actions and intentions about Nelson Ledges not confirmed that I'm serious about safety? Do you not remember my dad and I moving air fence with you at the Grattan National only a few years back? I'm sorry if you feel asking about this makes you feel threatened, or that you're not doing your job. We all witnessed two guys get carried off in ambulances on Sunday at BeaveRun from hitting the guardrail and were pretty concerned about it. I talked to Ruben Frankenfield who was there watching, about his broken legs from last year at Nelson. Yeah this is a dangerous sport and we all know that. But we're all supposed to be on the same team ya know. Does it have to be "us" versus you all the time?

The one thing I will suggest about your job is seriously looking at not posting on here as much. Let DaveK and Papa handle the frequently asked questions and general stuff. Maybe get someone else too that can be a PR type person on here. I'm serious when I tell you that your actions on here do not help your business - regardless of the 34 years or however long you've been around. Do what you do in the background - make a difference that way. Offensive content on the board has been cut back in the past because the board is a known advertising medium and represents the series. While I might not like your attitude as a person, I do like WERA and the quality product it puts out. Heck, it does some things better than the AMA does. Aside from the joking around you do here once in awhile with smileys and jokes, the rest is just negativity that doesn't help business. It doesn't phase some people, but it without a doubt does other people and whether you will admit it or not, people have stop racing or raced elsewhere because of it. Maybe you can justify that loss. I don't know.

I've been a part of this board for all the other people and good stuff that does happen here. I'm a passionate person unfortunately, which sucks me into writing long posts such as this one, and getting into debates with you. If nothing else, get honest with yourself and at least with an open mind. I just might not be whining and bitching.

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Got cliff notes?

16. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Yeap. You win, I lose.

17. redducman996

redducman996 must go faster

and all the other riders that got hurt as well :beer:

18. owndjoo

owndjoo muthapucka

just wanna clear something up here. it's something i've been wondering about for a while. I personally dont have a problem with sean, i've butted heads with him before, but we've laughed about it later. but sean, have you been an expert roadracer? it's hard too see things from a racer's perspective if you havent been a racer, but at the same time, it's hard to see the perspective of a businessman unless you have ran a company, especially one as large and successful as WERA. I'm glad things didnt come out worse, and hope everyone heals up quickly.

19. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

Quit being such an asshole....even though we know that isn't possible.

20. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Dead Man Walking!!!!