1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Prayers for Mark B

Discussion in 'General' started by LMcCurdy, Apr 29, 2007.

1. Spicoli

Spicoli Cannoli Owned

Check back a couple of pages. I think Todd gave a description of what Mark indicated to him yesterday. I think just a few pages ago.

2. onepointone

onepointone Well-Known Member

wow todd, that post you made about his crash is crazy.. its hard not to tear up reading all this. you are a good friend man.. a damn good friend.

i couldnt imagine laying there with that feeling of dieing and not being able to do anything about it.

mark - good luck with the road ahead man. we are all thinking about you..

oh yea, +1 for not selling all the stuff just yet. who knows whats going to become out of this situation in the future.

3. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

4. Heavy-Dee

Heavy-Dee Well-Known Member

Oops, sorry didn't think of that. If you want you reject the payment and I'll send it again.

5. ToddClark

ToddClark f'n know it all

i was able to accept ONE, but that was all they allowed me to accept, the next one that came in i had to reject. Im sending an email now to that person (dont know if it was you or not) and letting them know the situation.

Thanks again tho, Mark is really gonna need this. :up:

6. Heavy-Dee

Yep I think I'm that guy. I've got an "accepted" email from paypal here.

7. scottie2t2

scottie2t2 Well-Known Member

Hope you have a Speedy recovery bro!!

8. ToddClark

thanks again. :up:

9. Heavy-Dee

Not needed. Sorry for the hassle w/ the cc.

10. skip salenius

skip salenius Well-Known Member

I just spoke with Sam at the Hospital, she wanted me to tell yall how thankful Mark and his family are for all the visitors and support from everyone. But, due to the severely limited visitation times, they really need for everyone to hold off on visiting the hospital for a couple days. These next few days are very critical and it is important that the family get as much time with Mark as possible. Again, they are very touched by all yall and are so thankful for the support. Sam asked me to post her phone number so that if anyone has any questions you can call her... 662-401-2117.

11. Jeffro510

Jeffro510 Hand bra for hire!!!!

Lots of thoughts and prayers go out to Mark, his family, and the people that are caring for him right now. Todd, you're a good man for helping out and taking care of the things you are. I know that a lot of people have already offered, but I am in Birmingham, and if you or the family need anything, please do not hesitate to let me know.

12. ToddClark

Mark's surgery is complete. At this moment, they are just finishing up, and Mark will be going into the recovery room for the anesthesia *sp* to wear off. Docs said the surgery went as well as could be with NO complications. The 2 broken vertebra have been fixed and pinned together. The prognosis is still the same as far as the paralysis is concerned. They had originally stated that there was a 3% chance he may walk or gain some movement/feeling, and that hasnt changed. Its now up to the healing process to start. He should be out of ICU in a few days and into a normal room. Once they determine he's ready, it'll be time for the rehab process to begin.

So, continue to keep him in your thoughts and prayers as he will be needing them for many months to come.

At the Barber National this weekend, Skip is going to have some stickers that will be given out to every bike that comes thru tech. If you plan on making the National this weekend, please be sure to get one of these to go on your bike. I'll be talking with Skip and the WERA folks to see if we cant get a big group picture of everyone after the riders meeting, so if you want to make some sort of small sign to hold up wishing Mark well, i'd like to be able to take this to him Sunday afternoon. Also if there is a photographer that will be there that will be willing to take the shot with a REAL camera rather than one of our lil instant jobbies, that would be MUCH appreciated it. I know we probably cant get it printed out in time for him to have it on Sunday, but i can get the image file on my laptop and get that to the hospital for him to see, then i'll have the picture printed up for him to keep.

Also, Robyn Dupree will have one of those BIGGGGG WERA stickers at the tech shed and will be there all weekend for EVERYONE to sign. So please take the time to make it to tech at the tower and sign this so i can present him with it on Sunday.

Thanks again for everyones support, prayers, donations and thoughts. You have no idea how much Marks' family and friends appreciate all this.

13. vito2279

vito2279 Well-Known Member

Love the idea about the stickers :up:

14. TEAMLIKETYSPLIT

TEAMLIKETYSPLIT In Limbo

Will it be o.k. for spectators and pit bitches to be in on this? Myself and a couple of friends would like to contribute whatever we can.
    Maybe post up a where and when after the R.M so we can make sure to be there on time and prepared

15. ToddClark

By all means, the more the better! We'll just do it there at tech. Riders, friends, spectators. Mark is gonna be blown away. :):):)

16. mbarrett996

mbarrett996 Rule #1, I'm #1

I just wanted to say that I'm sorry for what happened to you Mark. We have never met face to face but I have heard of you. Had a bad situation happen to me also a year ago at a race. I was taken out and another motorcycle ran over my left arm breaking my humorus bone in half. The Doc had to drill a hole in the bones to insert an 11inch rod. Needless to say, I wanted to give up racing and riding all together. After months of rest came months of rehab. And recently got back on the bike. Haven't really gotten to race as much as I would like but I'm riding. I guess what I'm trying to say is hang in there and keep that bike. Cause we all know one day you will have that bug bite you like it did all of us. Get well Mark.

17. vizsladog

vizsladog Well-Known Member

Hang tough buddy........

Prayers still coming your way.

18. Mongo Sis

Mongo Sis Clydes Aunt

Someone should hold up a "Mark Who" sign for the photo. But don't tell anyone I suggested it. Or better yet maybe everyone should hold up "Mark Who" signs for the photo! That would be very funny.

19. ToddClark

THAT would be PRICELESS!!!! :up: :crackup:

20. Photo_Chick

Photo_Chick Leo's Wench!

What would be priceless is to have Mongo hold it up!