1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Plane wreck on Rome, GA.... PHOTOS

Discussion in 'General' started by MarkB, Jan 31, 2007.

1. woodyracing

woodyracing Well-Known Member

random thought but I was a CAP cadet for 6 years and I saw a funny (but serious) ultralight crash at the Oshkosh airshow, dumbass was loaded down too much and got just above a tree at the end of the mini runway and started dropping like a rock into the middle of an RV camping area. Not really funny cause I think the guy was hurt a little but the guy was warned repeatedly that he was carrying too much weight and there were rumors that he had been drinking, so I can't feel too sorry for him

2. GSXR6Pilot

GSXR6Pilot Well-Known Member

Was he too fat?

3. woodyracing

woodyracing Well-Known Member

well yes but that wasn't why he was overloaded lol
    its been a few years but I seem to remember he was carrying a couple extra cans of gas onboard (another bad idea and why we had to "evacuate" a good bit of that camping area

4. noeyes

noeyes Well-Known Member

At least it didn't hit the highway. Could've been ugly.

5. TWISTED METAL

TWISTED METAL wanna be track owner

did u recover the lil black box

6. blueduc37

blueduc37 Well-Known Member

Oh the humanity...

7. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

Which reminds me, that thing must'a been wired DC.

8. frackadelic

frackadelic Buddha Stalin is Chronic

Another hijacking!! No more liquids in carry-ons again.

9. Slick228

Slick228 I dropped oil there, too.

:clap: Sure looks like it, but the conveyor belt must not have been going fast enough to provide enough airspeed for liftoff.

Mark, make sure you charge the batteries in the belt next time, too. :D

10. R1ZOOM

R1ZOOM Well-Known Member

My last RC plane suffered a similar fate involving a water tower. It got dark while I was at a pretty high altitude and I lost it. I threw it into a dice to see if I could hear it, and the next thing I heard the motor going really fast and a loud crash. I have a helicopter now, and it is much harder to fly, and has a lot more parts to break.

11. MarkB

MarkB All's well that ends well

Well, it was a dramatic crash alright......nose vertically into the ground at FULL POWER....I knew before it hit the ground that most of the plane would be left in the trash can at the field.

Strangely enough - its a similar feeling you get when losing control of a bike...I instinctively braced for the impact and felt like checking myself over once it was done.....:D

Oh, and its a closed casket.....no flowers....

12. Repo Man

Repo Man 50 years of Yamaha GP!!

:eek: And what was the dollar value of the unit???

13. MarkB

Well (apart from pride), the cost is not too much. Those planes are ready built by chinese 12 year olds and they cost about $140 for the plane, plus another $60 for the engine - the radio all survived......

...I'd like to get a helicopter...but they really do self destruct on impact and its big$$$ you loose...:down:

14. glenngsxr

glenngsxr Well-Known Member

Was there any sign of terrorist activity?

15. Repo Man

Repo Man 50 years of Yamaha GP!!

Hey Mark; back when I was just a young Lad in the 60's my Dad was into control line model airplanes; he had a World Speed Record at one time.

Mmmm, the smell of burning Castor oil at 27,000 RPM..... :up:

He said he got out of it when RC's got big because of the cost.... :(

16. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

I think it had a brembo mc

17. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

LOL

18. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

When the FAA completes its Crash Analysis, I wonder if they will be able to locate the spacer that goes between the wheel bearings. I hear in some models it is not visable to the naked eye.

19. MarkB

ooooooohhhhh, and I thought the Brembo comments were low-blows......:D:up:

Besides, I'm hoping the FAA won't ever find out - I cleared out of the crash scene pretty fast since I probably shouldnt have been flying there in the first place....

20. Chris

Chris Keepin' it old school

The same thing happened to mine on New Years. I made the mistake of letting my girlfriend's father fly it. It was a great plane too.