F3 chassis set-up

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by maxleanangle, Apr 6, 2005.

1. maxleanangle

maxleanangle Well-Known Member

I have an F3 with Race Tech front-end and penske triple adjustable. I understand how to set up these components (sag, rebound, compression) thanks to AFM veteran Gary Jahne. No matter how well they are working it can't make up for my ignorance on chassis set-up.

Anyone willing to give some advice on wheelbase, rear height (shock length) and fork drop (in stock triples)?

Any/all tips and tricks, or suggestions on other parts for this bike always welcome.

Thanks,
    'Max'

2. melch

melch V7 Pusher

Set-up

I would do a link to a previous thred if I knew how,but I dont.Search F2 suspension,its a thread started by sauce314 I believe and you will see some numbers there.That will get you in the ball park.:beer:

3. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

Explain this "set-up" thing. I don't understand. Should I be doing this?

4. Outsider V6 V7

Outsider V6 V7 Well-Known Member

Right on Stickboy, if you've never ridden a well setup motorcycle how would you know the difference. I thought they all went in to tank slap mode at 150.

5. GypsyRacing

GypsyRacing V7 Gypsy

Your bike gets to 150! No fair!!!

:Poke:

6. ducnut748

ducnut748 King of Speed

Thats because.......ITS NOT A 600......:Poke:

:D :D

7. El Skwid!

El Skwid! Old guy, old bikes

Setup?! It's Vintage!

V7 is a definate "Run what Ya brung" class.
    Other than a crank up or down on the ol' shock preload for how
    much bounce do ya like, we just ride around it.
    We don't need this 'adjustable' stuff, except Melch; maybe that's why he's the champ?

Hell, most of our bikes don't even bother with this 'water-cooled'
    fad that's going on. The 6HW champ had a DNS at the opening round because he bought into this 'water-cooled' thing. :p

8. El Skwid!

Adjustable?

V7 is definately a "Run what ya Brung" class.
    Other than a click up or down on the ol' shock preload for how much bounce ya like, we just ride around it.

Hell, most of us are still wary of this 'water-cooled' fad.
    The 6HW champ suffered a DNS at the opening round because he bought into it. :p

9. El Skwid!

Adjustable?

V7 is definately a "Run what ya Brung" class.
    Other than a click up or down on the ol' shock preload for how much bounce ya like, we just ride around it.

Hell, most of us are still wary of this 'water-cooled' fad.
    The 6HW champ suffered a DNS at the opening round because he bought into it. :p

10. sauce314

sauce314 BROWN DYNAMITE

f3

this is what melch gave me for starting #s for my f2
    front forks raised 15mm above tripples. rear ride height 18 7/8''.
    free sag 8mm-12mm. rider sag 30mm.was just at barber for a track day and the bike felt good raised rear 1/4 more dont know much about set up my self but melchs #s were very good for starting points, cant thank him enuff for all the help hes given me the bike is very easy to ride a coulpe clicks here and there and iam set .:clap:
    thanks melch

11. stickboy274

Re: Adjustable?

You can say that again

12. Outsider V6 V7

Those V7 boys are flying. Melch has officially nicknamed Chip , The Punter". My eyewitness report says that Bryan tried to go under chip in the 90's when Chip turned in and Bryan tried to T-bone him. My comment to Bryan was, welcome to HW Biatch. Remember Roy Jones thought he was a bad man till he stepped up to the HW class. I've raced with Cook, Kissinger, Chip and Dale I'm sure I've made contact with each of these guys.
    Eboz

13. melch

melch V7 Pusher

Boz,Im not a doctor but funneling a 12 pack of Red Bull right before the race cant be good for you and apparently is affecting your vision.How do you run up under someone when you are in front of them?Let the record show Chip came around the outside of me,turned across my front wheel and tried to remove the little 600 from the track.Good thing I know how to do the front flip w/the bike and land back at full lean like nothing happened.Guess you didnt see that either.Then he started trying to spit on me and I always wondered why he had that spare change thing taped on his triples.Well I know now,he started flicking quarters at me.He broke my face shield,left hand,punctured a lung,ruptured my spleen,broke off one of my gold teeth,all just so he could win.Im mean damn.Then after the race he said how did you like that you little punk.Well you know what I said,"Im Rick James Bitches"..............

It was all good.Just trying to learn from the master's.I see how its done now.I appreciate the lessons.

Congrats to Boz on getting his mo-jo back and thanks for helping me w/the fizzer Sat.and your welcome master pimp for pulling you into the 4's.

Rock-on Bitches
    Chip Punter Mayfield,Im gonna kick your ass.......unless of course you let me borrow one of those trailers.:up:

14. GypsyRacing

GypsyRacing V7 Gypsy

Sounds like the V7HW guys want to take control of their class. No more punk @ss 600 getting on the box.

:D

15. Outsider V6 V7

WE MUST PROTECT THIS HOUSE!!!! LOL

16. GypsyRacing

GypsyRacing V7 Gypsy

:up:

EBoz what you doing playing in the grass at Tally.....drop your mojo?

:Poke:

17. stickboy274

It may betime for a hostile take over. The house needs new managment.

MW guys, bring your shoulder pads. This may get ugly.

18. ducnut748

ducnut748 King of Speed

Dont forget

Shoulder pads....what the hell for....I am puttin one of them thar stuntin cages on my bike....

:beer:

19. stickboy274

Your the first reason for me to put them on. I think "The Punter" was nicer to Bryan than you were to me.:Poke:

You still owe me a beer.

20. ducnut748

ducnut748 King of Speed

SEEE

Now you Know how MW feels when he is on the track...you didnt think it was going to be that easy...did ya...:D , we are lucky our 2nd race got red flagged......that was going to be even better

:rock: