1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cycle lifts?

Discussion in 'General' started by acorn27, Apr 30, 2014.

1. acorn27

acorn27 4 out of 3 people in the world struggle with math

Anyone here have one of these from Harbor Freight?

http://www.harborfreight.com/1000-lb-capacity-motorcycle-lift-68892-8495.html

I usually stay away from HF stuff, but this is on sale for $429 (from $700)which seems pretty cheap. The reviews on HF site are pretty positive.

Or are there better options out there? I was going to make a wood one, but the adjustability of the steel lift would be nice.

Attached Files:

2. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

I might be wrong but I swear they have it for sale even less than that quite often...like in the $250-300 range.

3. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

Yea, look in back of motorcycle mags. Lots of cupons for $299.99.

I have one and have no complaints. It has lifted full dresser's to scooters.

4. burniep

burniep Well-Known Member

I have had one for about 2 years, no issues and i think i got it for around 300 on sale with coupon.

5. acorn27

Wow, well for $300 I can hardly go wrong, unless the thing collapses on top of me... But I doubt it's that cheap based on reviews/comments.

I'll have to start looking for coupons. Back of magazines you say? I only subscribe to RRW (brownie points!) so maybe I'll need to check the newsstand.

6. ACDNate

ACDNate Well-Known Member

Only remotely negative thing I've read about them was something about the grease fittings on them being crappy. Funny thing was the guy who said that bought some replacement fittings from HF.

7. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

I believe Cycle World has a $299 coupon for the lift in the back few pages this month.

8. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

I happen to have a recent issue of Motorcyclist in my office and in the back is a coupon for that lift...$299.99

9. gpz11

gpz11 Well-Known Member

Yup, look for the coupons. I replaced my 30 plus year old Handy lift for one of these.

Sold the Handy lift for $250 and paid $300 for the HF one.

The Handy lift was too short my Electra Glide.

10. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

The one I used to have you could have replaced the ram with a electric one.

11. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

I can get you a much sturdier 1000lb Handy style (Air) not Foot pump style lift for $595 plus shipping... Send your Zip to [email protected] and I can see if a distro is near you or provide a shipping quote...

[​IMG]

12. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

Yea, I see cupons all the time. If you cant find one let me know. Ill hunt one down and can mail it to you.

13. drop

drop Well-Known Member

I have 2 of them. Work great honestly. Have zero issues with the foot pump. They have a cheaper version that the front wheel chock is not very sturdy but the other is fine.

14. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

I have one. I think I paid $280. I removed the crappy wheel chock and put in a removeable LP wheel chock (about $30). That way I can use a Pit Bull front end stand if I need to pull the forks off the bike.

15. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

16. Sprinky

Sprinky Well-Known Member

Works great for the price, front chock sucks I need to replace it with a Baxley or something, use the coupon for $299 - they had some grand opening sale here and I got another 10% off IIRC.

17. acorn27

Thanks guys, good input. Just what I was looking for. I think my dad gets Cycle World & Motorcyclist. I'll have to check with him for the coupons.

This link has a coupon for $330 (but ends today): http://www.harborfreight.com/oct-tab1.html

18. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Quality costs...Handy lift all the way! 30 years with ZERO problems and I do maintenance on 15 bikes. When it doesn't have a bike on it (which is rarely) it is in use for something else. I can endorse this product 100%.

19. flyingpig70

flyingpig70 Well-Known Member

:beer: Mine always has a bike on it, 10 years now, zero problems.

20. ToddClark

ToddClark f'n know it all

ive had the HF lift for 5 years now. zero complaints. For the money, ya cant go wrong.