1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with choosing chest protector, pls

Discussion in 'General' started by bergs, Jan 17, 2012.

1. bergs

bergs Well-Known Member

I have a Bohn ProRacer back protector and am looking for suggestions and opinons on a compatible chest protector.

Best to stick with Bohn?

Junk everything and start over?

2. jboyd12

jboyd12 Well-Known Member

3. madman748

madman748 I'm your huckleberry

I currently wear the following two: Knox Contour (Race) and Knox Chest Protector. They are both very comfortable. The back protector is now discontinued though.

I also have the following two: Bohn Carbon/Kevlar 8-Plate and Bohn Cool Air Cheast Protector. These two are both very comfortable.

The Knox gear is a bit bulkier. I would recommend either brands.

~Brett

Attached Files:

4. bergs

bergs Well-Known Member

5. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

Be aware, when you add the chest protection your suit may not fit as it once did. I had to purchase a new suit to accommodate A*'s bionic vest.
    I'd been wearing a 2nd hand Kushitani suit & Knox back protector....could just about zip it up with the Bionic vest.

6. Here ya go, i highly suggest this KNOX chest protector because it is 1 solid piece (which protects the sternum and prevents chest compression) and because it wraps around and protects the ribs.

...and it does so without restricting movement at all.

(BTW - that one shows it being used with the back protector and straps etc. You don't HAVE to use it with any particular back protector, you can simply slide it under/in your suit).

:beer:

7. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

KNOX Home » Womens Gear » KNOX » [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]KNOX Chest Protector[/FONT]

Interesting. Something you aren't telling us, Chris?

:D

8. TakeItApart

TakeItApart Oops!

Man boobs? :D

9. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Forcefield.... Dont forget about your sides as well....

10. :crackup:

Well played.

I noticed that myself, but i was like "eh fuck it, somebody will get a laugh out of it".

He got the idea. :D

11. orgsxrracer

orgsxrracer Well-Known Member

Impact Safety Armour is the best product in town, made specifically for you! Don't be cheap on body armor that can save your life!

12. hank748

hank748 Well-Known Member

:stupid:

13. mtmansl

mtmansl Well-Known Member

Is this stuff CE tested??? Nobody seems to be able to give me an answer on this? If not, where is the data backing IA as the best product out there?

14. Impact Armor

Impact Armor Member

Hello,

I'm Mike Braxton, the designer of Impact Safe-T Armor. If you have any questions feel free to give me a call, shoot me an e-mail or ask it here on the forum.

Check out our website and facebook pages for background and customer feedback.

Regards,
    Mike Braxton
    Designer
    Impact Safe-T Armor
    916 494 9715 cell
    [email protected]
    http://www.impactarmor.com
    http://www.facebook.com/impactarmor

15. Impact Armor

Impact Armor Member

In his own words. July 7, 2004

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 18, 2012
  16. Dits

Dits Will shit in your fort.

Knox.

17. Impact Armor

Impact Armor Member

Impact Armor's 2012 Competition Chest Protector Line

If you have any question please call or shoot me an e-mail.
    Mike
    916 494 9715 cell
    [email protected]

18. racertex

racertex vintage dude

What is the CE rating for Impact Safety Armor using the EN 1621-2:03 guidelines?

Is it CE Level 1 or CE Level 2? What is it's 5 strike average in Kilo Newtons?

19. 12

12 Well-Known Member

:up:

20. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

+1:up: