Writing a racer resume...?

Discussion in 'General' started by kanatuna, Nov 30, 2011.

1. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

Anyone on here create them? I have tarted to....I have all my info and some pictures/video links. I just dont know how I should go about formatting it or what to even say for the most part. So....anyone create them here? Examples....?

2. motojoe_23

motojoe_23 The Nephew

if you want I can send you mine. A few potential sponsors seemed really impressed with it (not the results and crap, but design of it).

Key in my opinion is to stress what you can do for them, not what you EXPECT from them.

sponsorship is not a reward for doing good. It is an advertising business deal.

I had no idea how to build one, but with the help fo one sponsor telling me what he would like to see in more of them the wife and I built it and I think it came out good. You are welcome to use it as an example.

3. ckruzel

ckruzel Graphicologist Xtremeist

send them as pdf files

4. motojoe_23

motojoe_23 The Nephew

Really? why is that? I have mine as an attached word .doc.

5. TakeItApart

TakeItApart Oops!

I would imagine it's easier to open a file formatted as a .pdf than a file formatted as a .doc simply because Adobe reader is free.

6. KovzR6

KovzR6 Well-Known Member

yup. pdf's are pretty much a standard for a wide variety of print work and can also maintain the editing features of a pds (photoshop) format.

7. MadManx

MadManx Retired for 2013-2014

Mine is a word doc. I get lots of offers :)

Last edited: Dec 1, 2011
  8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Pdfs are better. Not everyone uses word but anyone with a browser can open a pdf.

9. BikeniteTommy

BikeniteTommy Banned

Forget a resume. Just use the clip of your highside and you will get the lead in the next Superman sequel.

10. Hondaphile

Hondaphile Well-Known Member

I'm also looking for an example of one, if anyone is willing to share pm me.

11. TakeItApart

TakeItApart Oops!

Speaking of .pdfs... Would it be possible to open the Registration and Tech .pdfs to allow users to fill them out before printing them?

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

13. DavieStone

DavieStone Well-Known Member

14. zippytech

zippytech Running On Pumpedupness!!

I use open office draw to edit the pdf's for free

15. Maxrr

Maxrr Well-Known Member

If you're looking for someone to do it for you, contact Sheila Paul at [email protected]. She does good work and it's very affordable. Tell her I sent ya!

16. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Did you use open office to create a racer resume? I tried to use it before and with normal word documents, open office seems to work fine and the files can be opened with word or any other word processor just fine but when you star adding photos, text boxes, etc. the formatting seems to get all screwed up when you try to open it with anything other than open office. Any way around this? Or do I just need to write it on someone else's pc where i can use microsoft word?

and what do you guys use to create pdf files?

17. MadManx

MadManx Retired for 2013-2014

18. punkadilly

punkadilly Well-Known Member

I used word to create Joe's resume, then you can print/save it as a pdf file. Q, I'll be happy to help you if ya want :)

19. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Thanks Heather! I actually pm'ed Joe to see if he could send me a copy of the one ya'll made. Another friend of mine sent me his, which is really well done. I'm just trying to get some various ideas by looking at a couple different examples.

20. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I use CutePDF http://www.cutepdf.com/ Once installed, you select to print it and then choose CutePDF, instead of your normal printer. You don't even need a printer to make this work.