1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best Seats for MotoGP at Indy

Discussion in 'General' started by dmb367, May 20, 2009.

1. dmb367

dmb367 Custom User Title A

I'm looking to get my seats for Indy again this year. What did you guys like / dislike about your seats from last year? We sat in the J-stand last year, which was an awesome view, but I just want to be somewhere different this year.

Southwest Vista?
    Corner 7 Terrace?

Thanks in advance:beer:

2. caferace

caferace No.

They weren't indoors. :crackup:

After walking all over, I think the best spot would probably be about 1/2 way through T1 of the oval. You can see S/F, T1-T4 from there. Can't remember if there was a big screen or not, though. The far right of section E below:

[​IMG]

The grassy hill on the outside of T10 looked pretty good too.

I had access to two hospitality areas and a suite, but that ain't always the case.

-jim

3. trussdude

trussdude Well-Known Member

NW Vista Deck

4. caferace

caferace No.

BTW, since there is no way MotoGP is going to fill the stands at Indy moving around to watch from a different location is fine. There are only a few grandstands on the infield which require a separate ticket.

BTW, the staff there kicked all sorts of butt. Despite the hurricane, that was one of the top five race weekends I've ever enjoyed as a fan.

-jim

5. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

General Admission... Take in a chair and a cooler and sit in front of the Ducati Grandstand in 2... Dosent get any better than this....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Look at all those pissed off Duc owners back there!!!
    [​IMG]

6. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

We sat in the H stand last year, but must've walked the whole facility at least ten times over the weekend and grabbed a look from just about every perspective.

When race time comes, I'd go right back to the H stand - perfect view of the last seven turns, and a giant video screen right there showing the rest of the race so you don't miss any of the action.

Plus if there's a close finish, that's where the tale will be told.

7. peakpowersports

peakpowersports Well-Known Member

We were in SW Vista. I wondered around and couldnt find a better view than that. You got to see them going into 1, through 2, 3, 4 and into 5. It was great.

8. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Nw vista, J and H stands are great. After realizing that the NW vista tickets are cheap and general admission I would probably go with that. Ah hell ill prolly just get the package deal from the aprilia forum again. That bbq was the shit after a long day and the flat track races were the perfect place to relax and tie one on!

9. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Section E and the SW Vista are hard to beat. Some of the infield sections get you right up at the fence close to the track. Don't forget the flat trackers at the Fairgrounds the night before....they KICK ASS!!!

10. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

Was also in J last year.
    Likes: Saw lots of action, very convenient parking (wish we would have known that on day 1 before spending $10 outside of the track). Seeing Nick repeatedly light it up through T13 wasn't half bad either.
    Dislikes: sitting unprotected in the middle of a hurricane 500 miles from home and, while watching the races, not knowing if my only means of transportation is lying on its side in the parking lot.

11. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Yeah, my only dislike was the same......we left as soon as the red flag flew. Riding back to cincy in a hurricane on a naked bike. My poor brother was on his 690 smc and I could see in my mirror him getting blown across two lanes by huge gusts of wind. Harriest bike ride I've ever had.

12. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

I sat in the SW vista area which had a great view but walked around and saw a lot of the Saturday stuff on the in-field. The viewing mound at T10 was a good place.

13. noeyes

noeyes Well-Known Member

That's where we were and we'll try to get the same seats again if we go this year.

14. caferace

caferace No.

Summary of responses:

All the seats at Indy are pretty damn good and if you don't like the one you're in, move. No one is going to stop you. :up:

-jim

15. povol

povol Well-Known Member

I will second the harriest bike ride i have been on. I live in Knoxville Tennessee and headed dead south out of Indy towards Louisville. The winds coming across the flat plains we scary to say the least. It was a dead cross wind that was literally moving the bike 3-5 feet like i had just switched lanes. It was blowing so hard, i had the bike leaned to the right to go straight like i was in a big right hand sweeper for an hour. When i got home, the brand new set of tires i had put on before the trip were gone, down to the wear bars on the ride side edge.

16. c7fx

c7fx Well-Known Member

General admission was great for us. I liked sitting at T8 on the hill. After the last practice a bunch lined up after T9 and did practice starts. That was cool!:up:

17. Bart#72

Bart#72 Well-Known Member

We sat in the south vista just to the right of turn 4 and was able alot plus there were 2 jumbo screens to look at.

18. omnivore

omnivore Well-Known Member

I wanted to sit in J, but the 3 other guys I was with wanted SW Vista, so majority won out. Seats were good, and we saw lots of crashes, but I think the 1st 3 turns mixed with rain made for the excitement. Dry practise, there was no passing where we were. I would like to try J next year.

19. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

That's where we sat last year, H stand. I've already reserved 20 seats in the same spot. We'll have to hook up!

20. dmb367

dmb367 Custom User Title A

Did you go all the way to the top of the bleachers in H?