Original Honda Polish story = Original Bike Spirits (and some other stuff)

Discussion in 'General' started by Huey130, Mar 5, 2009.

1. Huey130

Huey130 Chief wrench thrower

Posted this on a local board after meeting with the can-ers of the orginal polish. Thought it'd maybe be interesting to everyone else because it is something we pretty much all use... Plus the other products are good too! I'm not trying to directly sell anything here. I've just heard so many stories about what is and what isn't Honda polish, so...
    +++++++++++++++++++

Lemme tell ya a story. Some already know this but this is how it all went down.

Honda polish that we all know and love was sold by Honda (Believe it or not the same formula was sold to a couple of other manufacturers less successfully including for a short period Yamaha with a LEMON smell!) But Honda polish was actually formulated and canned here in Marietta, GA by a company called Amrep. Honda went to another formula for a couple of reasons. It's said because the original wasn't 50 State legal but...

Amrep had a line of car fluids called Next Dimension. So they took the orginal formula and slapped a Next Diminsion logo where the Honda logo was and continued to sell it... in all 50 States. But it was a bit of a hard sell because of it being a car brand. SO...

The created an in house line of bike chemicals called Original Bike Spirits. And in this line is "Spray Cleaner and Polish" which is without a doubt, 100%, I've seen it with my own eyes, I know how to read the can codes, original Honda polish!!!! Original Bike Spirits Spray Cleaner & Polish IS the orginal Honda Polish. Not "like", not "as good".. It is the orginal stuff. What Honda sells now is not.

Amrep / Original Bike Spirits also brought over some other products from other lines and also formulated some especially for this line. Including some carb clean, chain lube with and without graphite (heeeyyyyy... wasn't those Honda products also? Hahaha), and...

Cycle Fuel System Supreme. I'm not one for "snake oils". When meeting with the guy responsible for all this he asked me to look at this I told him I would but not until I tested it. Well I did. And the dyno runs from one of these tests is going to be in their promo materials! Yes it works!

Fuel injected bike came in after sitting for a year. Got the old gas out put some new in and it ran ok but hesitated a bit, had a lumpy idle and you could just tell it wasn't happy. So I ran the bike on the dyno. 138 HP. I poured in the correct amount of Cycle Fuel System Supreme and ran the bike for 15 minutes at highway speeds. Let all the temps get back to the orginal test and ran it again. 144 HP! I even considered that maybe the additive had something in it to boost power instead of clean. So I pulled it out, replaced the fuel with fres, ran for 15 minutes again and all the power stayed. Seriously, cross my heart, saw it with my own eyes. I have similar stories since then with carbed bikes and even scooters!.

So that's my latest testimonial. Yes I sell all this stuff. But trust me I only sell what I believe in. For example I don't like the Original Bike Spirits brake cleaner. The formula they use is 50 State legal but Next Dimension has one that I like better that I can get here. Less harmfull to plastics, smells better and doesn't give me a headache. So I sell it instead. So hopefully that shows that I don't stand behind something unless I mean it.

Here's the website for more reading if you like:
    http://www.originalbikespirits.com/

2. peakpowersports

peakpowersports Well-Known Member

I'm still sitting on about 5 cases of the Original Honda Polish :) Also have some of the Amrep stuff. The new Honda Polish is not that bad, but it sure isnt like the original!

3. Huey130

The rep for Orginal / Amrep laughs when he saw it being sold on Ebay for eleventyseven times the price of the cans he was selling of the exact same stuff because people thought it had gone away! hahaha

4. Cuddles de Sade

Cuddles de Sade AnACREE in the UK!!!

it's the only thing "Honda" I like :D

5. Huey130

I like my Chromie!

[​IMG]

6. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

dayum yo! that's phat! :D

7. eurobiketrash

eurobiketrash Well-Known Member