1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2007 SV - Quick Shifter stuff

Discussion in 'Tech' started by gixrben, Feb 13, 2009.

1. gixrben

gixrben Well-Known Member

So, I have a quick shifter pull type for GP...
    I'm getting a PCIII

... now I hear because of some dual spark setup on the 07+ bikes I have to buy a f***ing ignition mod of some sort.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? This bike was supposed to be cheaper to run than a gixxer *sigh*

2. (diet)DrThunder

(diet)DrThunder Why so serious, son?

You could unplug one of the spark plugs and only run one plug. Some tuners do that on purpose on these bikes.

3. gixrben

Ok!

What are the implications for timing, HP, which two should be pulled?

And what does this ignition mod cost? I can't seem to find any info on it.

4. GCBusa

GCBusa Well-Known Member

Unless something has changed, the ignition module isn't required to run the quick shifter on the 2007 SV. I have a PCIII on mine with quick shifter and no ignition module.

5. gixrben

Someone said you need a different power commander... in other words an 06 or earlier PCIII may not be able to address the second set of plugs... I'm going to look into this.

Busa - Do you know of any difference in 06 to 07 PCIII or their maps?

6. GCBusa

GCBusa Well-Known Member

Yes, year '07 to present takes a different PCIII from '06 and earlier models.

7. gixrben

Appreciate the feedback Gill! I'll score an 07 PCIII and see what happens.

I'll be sure to update the thread when I get this figured.

8. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

you need an 07-09 specific pcIII. also the maps for those three years will be different than all the maps from 03-06. you do not need an ignition module to make it work. you can unplug the 2nd plug wire, but it was ruled last year to be NOT superstock legal, so dont bother with it.