1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ohlins Suspension Guru Superbikeitalia

Discussion in 'General' started by CATMAN, Oct 3, 2007.

1. CATMAN

CATMAN Well-Known Member

After trying a few suspension shops for some upgrades,including in the latest stage " :banghead:speedwerks [​IMG]" ,I almost left the sport- I was left with a dangerous SV Superbike-the ballpark setup I asked for was almost deadly- Beware of promises paid for/customer service afterwards that resembles up yers! I guess i helped pay for their recent move to a better location [​IMG]
    I just gotta say it has been a blessing to have ken regain my sv suspension- this without me riding it yet must be said because hearing K3 say the words like best handling in his memory of bikes he has ridden, etc etc,I am optomistic about next spring- Ken was and will be my suspension guy from here on , he very easy to work with and the price was spelled out in a very clear invoice- even offered to help ship it for a fair fee- the original setup that was wrong , was off in trail by a large amount , not allowing the bike to center itself,his use of shims/inserts for the attack trips seems to have been the correct #s , being spot on means math was used, I see SCIENCE without guesswork! Verry impressive - and the matching of valving superslick goodies in the forks n-i-c-e ! Thanks HOLLY and [email protected] Mid-West OHLINS Dealer /DIST -in Illinois I will be mentioning this all soon on ccs,wera sites because you worked hard for me- -cat

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 3, 2007
  2. Big Deezul

Big Deezul Gossamer has MOJO!!!

english?

3. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

He feels he got screwed by other suspension folks.

He almost gave up the sport because of it.

He gave one last shot with Ken at Superbike Italia who magically fixed all his suspension woes and he is not giving up the sport.

He has not ridden the bike since Ken worked on it, but he believes it is spot on.

He is a Superbike Italia customer for life and is going to sing their praise on every message board and to every rider he can.

4. Big Deezul

Big Deezul Gossamer has MOJO!!!

thank you for the translation....that must be one hell of a set up if he can tell its "on" with out riding it:crackhead:

5. Cuddles de Sade

Cuddles de Sade AnACREE in the UK!!!

...yeah...the Speedwerks guys are SOOOOOO known for being clueless with SV's:rolleyes:

what a choad...

6. Cuddles de Sade

Cuddles de Sade AnACREE in the UK!!!

scary thing is he "edited" his post and what's left is still an incomprehensible grammatical and spelling disaster.

wow.

7. Sig

Sig Well-Known Member

Funny......because i've heard lots of people say the superbike italia guys are fucktards. :)

Do they go to any races or any other track day events other than STT? (no ill will toward STT or the cone man, just asking)

8. zook1k6

zook1k6 Banned

Ramble on! Ramble on! Try GMD Atlanta or Traxxion or Thermosman or my main man Dan Kyle!

9. gixxer998

gixxer998 Well-Known Member

The suspension is spot on now even though you haven't ridden it yet? Oh yeah and you had to send it back because blah blah blah blah wasn't correct? OH boy!

:Pop:

10. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

if its this good sitting in the driveway, i'm getting out of the SV classes when he puts it on the track. :D

11. ToddClark

ToddClark f'n know it all

wtf? no popcorn smilie?

12. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

:stupid:

No MotoST wins on their resume :rolleyes:

13. Indy92

Indy92 Beer Me

I want that two minutes of my life back...

14. roadracer86

roadracer86 Always worth the pain.

Don't forget bout ole Jimmy Lindemann at LE. He does nice work as well.

15. Team Atomic

Team Atomic Go Go SOX!

I actually been to there shop, I wasn't that impressed, but when I there they just recently moved in. Maybe they have there act together now.

I would recommend MCC in Villa Park over these guys.

16. rydfree

rydfree Well-Known Member

I think no matter who sets up your bike , if you take it to the next guy they will say it is setup like sh*t .

With that being said , Kenny has setup 3 of my bikes and I could tell a noticible improvement right away . Kenny even told me my bike from last year was extremely close in its settings when I carried it to him and he had to change very little . He is always friendly ,professional and at least seems to know what he is doing IMO , so I have no problem with them . I've heard good and bad concerning just about all of them at some point ..

17. (diet)DrThunder

(diet)DrThunder Why so serious, son?

Well, any dishonest assbag one might operate that way. I know from personal experience that neither Thermosman nor Traxxion does that...or at least they haven't with me. It might be hard to believe, but some vendors are honest and do their best to help the customer, regardless of what that entails re: making a buck.

I'm not commenting on Kenny...I'm just replying to your post. I've never had Kenny do any work for me, but he seems like a good guy from the times I"ve chatted with him.

18. KovzR6

KovzR6 Well-Known Member

:D

19. MudDawg

MudDawg Engine Killah

1. I raced out of the speedwerks shop for years. I really can't see Steve Long screwing you over....ever.

2. Setting up suspension is an ongoing thing. You don't just get it perfect. Your riding style has a major effect in what the bike is doing. Sitting forward, back, hanging off a lot, etc.

20. racerxxx96

racerxxx96 Well-Known Member

Steve, trotter and speedwerks were all i used for suspension for the first couple years and i have had no complaints, if anything there customer service has always been top notch...suspension like muddawg said is an ongoing thng but again i can throw a leg over there bike anyday and have complete confidence....i am sure that Ryan Meade would agree...congrads on the championshps bro