1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Clear brake lines?

Discussion in 'Tech' started by metricdevilmoto, Apr 2, 2007.

1. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

After cracking my rear master cylinder reservior in a getoff, I replaced the hose and reservior with a 6" length of clear plastic hose I picked up at Home Depot. After about a week, it seemed like the brake fluid was weeping through the tube.

Why is this?

I have seen several bikes with this done to it, but now I'm thinking that they used some special kind of hose or a kit. Any thoughts?

2. RacerMdub

RacerMdub '03 GSXR 750

You must use fuel line or the fluid will seep through the line like that. Good luck. :up:

3. metricdevilmoto

4. RacerMdub

RacerMdub '03 GSXR 750

Yes, any fuel line will work. Nice work!!

5. YamRZ350

YamRZ350 Nicorette Dependent

Depending on what the fuel line is made of, it will "sweat" too.

Tygon or stock OEM brake tube are the only 2 I've seen that didn't "sweat" over time.

6. bambam454

bambam454 Well-Known Member

we switched over to the motion pro fuel line this year. i just figure that i will replace it when i bleed the brakes and hopefully that will prevent any weeping issues.

7. jdavis

jdavis Well-Known Member

His website is down, which is strange, but Fred at http://www.yoyodyneti.com/ offers clear brake fluid lines in at least two different sizes that don't weep.

jD

Attached Files:

8. metricdevilmoto

From what I'm gathering from my reading, the clear vinyl lines will sweat, but PVC ones will not. Does that make sense?

Jdavis, that's what I'm planning on doing once I get more of the good stuff that works. I'll check out that site.

Bambam, I just replaced mine with the stuff from Home Depot and it was weeping after sitting overnight. I ordered some of the Motion Pro stuff last night. Hopefully, it will work out.

9. jdavis

jdavis Well-Known Member