Andrea Yates found NOT GUILTY

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by jkhonea, Jul 26, 2006.

1. jkhonea

jkhonea Back Again

Does it piss anyone off other than me that this sorry excuse of a human can kill her five children, by drowning no less, and be found not guilty by reason of insanity? To top it off, being placed in a mental institution with periodic reviews to see when she can be released back into society? Am I the only one that thinks her right to being alive should have ceased quite awhile ago? :down:

2. paperclip

paperclip D'oh!

I think she should be put through the same fate as each of her five children.:down:

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'm not surprised but they should be able to give the death menalty for insanity too.

4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Of course she was. Did you expect anything else?

5. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

I'm not even sure why there was even a trial. To do that to your children is prima facia(sp) evidence of insanity.

6. jkhonea

jkhonea Back Again

So is this to say that the fact she wasn't put to death is the correct verdict in your opinion?

7. Jugglenutz

Jugglenutz Well-Known Member

Hopefully a lobotomy.

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

True but the insanity pleas has more to it.

9. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

You speaking with a hairlip today? :D

10. jkhonea

jkhonea Back Again

Exactly. It shouldn't be a carte blanche set up to release people back into society again, which it DOES do in many cases. Personally, I don't give a crap if she's crazy or not, she ended the lives of five defenseless children. At that point in time, I believe you give up ALL options to continue living on this Earth.

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

too much multitasking.

12. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

Peanuts, Mountain Dew AND the bbs too much for ya, huh? :D

13. WebCrush

WebCrush Banned

She was found to be not responsible for her actions at that time.

Nobody said she's gonna be freed tommorow, she may never be released due to her irreponsibility.

But to force her to take responsibility for something others agreed she could not be responsible for, is irresponsible. :D

14. STT-Rider

STT-Rider Well-Known Member

I would find it odd if a jury did NOT find her insane. A sane person does not kill her children.

15. jkhonea

jkhonea Back Again

Maybe I should rephrase my statement. It seems unreal that she can kill her five children, then be sentenced to a mental institution for periodic reviews to possibly allow her back into society when to me, the only justice would involve her no longer breathing.

16. Trent

Trent I just wanna ride motorcycles and eat pizza

Does a sane person kill humans at all?

17. paperclip

paperclip D'oh!

That's what I am saying. Insanity in a murder trial means she didn't know right from wrong. I say she knew she was doing wrong, and did it anyway.

18. Hammer 4

Hammer 4 Can't Touch This

I saw some of her testimony on tv....either she's a great actress, or she is in fact not rowing with both oar's in the water...

And why is it that alott of these murderers claim it was God who told them to kill..?:rolleyes:

19. paperclip

paperclip D'oh!

Because if is not their fault then it must be somebody elses, and who better than a higher power to blame.

20. jkhonea

jkhonea Back Again

Hard to say, knowing what could happen to you if found guilty again can cause a lot of people to develop good acting skills. But I still go back to the point, why can't she be found guilty for insanity and still get the correct sentence?