250 4stroke in 125gp ?

Discussion in 'General' started by ironman, Apr 13, 2006.

1. ironman

ironman Active Member

can you race ex250f in 125gp. with some mods they can make 42-44 hp, it would have wider powerband and more torque. and less maintenence...

2. Alex_V

Alex_V Dump the diesel

hehehehehehe, please let them in.

3. carpediem

carpediem Well-Known Member

don't you think the weight dis-advantage would be an issue? just a thought. I suppose you are talking about a Ninja 250? if so I would like to warn you that they aren't exactly the fastest reving motors on the market. But it would be a cheap and fun way to get a knee down.

4. ironman

ironman Active Member

not funny, you can do that in AFM

5. Alex_V

Alex_V Dump the diesel

Do you honestly think a ninja 250 has a chance against a 125?

6. Strick

Strick Good to be king

If you are riding or working on the 125........................yes.:Poke:

7. Alex_V

Alex_V Dump the diesel

Well, thats a hell of a handycapp :D

But here is a sad irony that a 125 well ridden can do a 1:20 (not me) at jennings. There is no way in hell same rider will do the same on a ninja. I am a novice backmarker and I did 25's at RR first time there, :08 at Tally while screwing it up. A competent rider will crush a 250 4 banger, no questions asked.

8. ironman

ironman Active Member

125 makes~40 hp modifyed 250f can push 42-44 hp + more torque. 250f 's are killing 125s in motocross.

9. Alex_V

Alex_V Dump the diesel

:D Please bring your bike. See what happens.

10. Alex_V

Alex_V Dump the diesel

I am in atlanta as well, we can pit together. But after a race and a few beers, you will hate it :D I am full of diesel hate.

11. ironman

ironman Active Member

i am out of town right now and be back in 3-4 weeks. right now the bike is all stock, and i already race supermoto and motocross and dont have the money for another project. i am just doing research for the future...

12. Alex_V

Alex_V Dump the diesel

Supermoto or motocross 125's are very far from a TZ or RS 125. Forget any farmbike knowledge, it wont apply to comparing a 250 ninja and a 125.

That said, I would love to have you in 125 class.

13. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

are you talking about ridding a 250f motard in 125GP? lets put it this way. at VIR, i was ridding my YZ450, and still got beat by a 125. a 125 would kill ANY 250 4 stroke, unless it had a turbo.......maybe.

14. ironman

ironman Active Member

no, you idiot. i am just saying that a heavyly modifyed 250 ninja(penske, emulators, 125 racing bodywork, 43 hp...) could be compeditive against averege 125gp bike.

15. Alex_V

Alex_V Dump the diesel

There was a 125 rider that beat Scotty's laptimes on a 600 by 3 seconds per best lap.

16. Alex_V

Alex_V Dump the diesel

Dude, dont insult a friend of a friend. Bottomline, your ninja doesnt have a frigging chance. Trust me.

17. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

idiot? that wasn't called for, so..............

there in no way in fucking hell any 250 four stroke would be same time zone as a 125GP bike, let alone be competative with it. an EX500 gets it ass beat, let alone something with half the displacement.

a 125 ways half as much as a ninja.

18. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

and HP comparisons mean nothing. my diesel has more HP and torque than a mustang, but i understand that it would get smoked.

19. ironman

ironman Active Member

20. KovzR6

KovzR6 Well-Known Member

so your bike that isnt even built yet is going beat the 125gp bikes? :Poke:

:Pop: