1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

zx6r rim question

Discussion in 'Tech' started by novice52, Jun 4, 2003.

1. novice52

novice52 there, but not really

is there any difference in the 98-99 rim vs the 00-02 rim? thanks

2. Shane_6r

Shane_6r Team Squid Racing

Nope. My 98 race bike uses my spare 01 rims without a hitch. :)

3. novice52

so they are the same axle size/wheel size and everything?

4. J.Flatt

J.Flatt Well-Known Member

Does anyone know if the 03 zx6r and zx6rr rims are the same as previous years (the front rotors are different) .

5. Shane_6r

Sleeper there isn't a difference I have found. Other than color. ;) As I said we take them straight off the 01 and put them on the 98.

Are you looking to buy spares?

6. novice52

yeah (do you have set i could buy? :)) , as you probley know ones in good condition...hoping to get them off of terry (hi-side) if he still has them though :) but if not, it gives me a wider rage to look for.

you ever tired a zx9r rear rim?

Last edited: Jun 4, 2003
  7. Shane_6r

I am pretty sure the 9R rim is bigger.

I just bought a new front off ebay last nite. $85 :eek: How exciting for me. So my race team now are the proud owners of two spare sets of rims. That makes 5 sets totals. We have 3 6r's. (Had 4 but sold one for race money.)

Good luck finding rims. If you are patient you can get them cheap. I paid $100 for the rear and $85 for the front. Can't beat that with a stick.

8. Barry

Barry EAT ME simple enough

rim

I know the zx9 rim is a 6in,but are the bearings the same and will the 6r spacers work? :beer: