1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ZX6R (636) throttle cuttoff/hesitation

Discussion in 'Tech' started by bradd15, Aug 25, 2008.

1. bradd15

bradd15 Well-Known Member

Been searching different boards to see if anyone knows the cause of a temporary cuttoff under acceleration for a 06 Zx6r. I changed the plugs recently and hit the track this past weekend. Sometimes it happens in the middle of a turn while starting to accelerate and there will be no power and then it comes back. The bike is still running but just no acceleration for a split second. I am running a full Akra system with a standard PCIII map. Any information anyone has would be great. Thanks.

Brad

2. mabrungard

mabrungard Member

I have a '05 636 with a full Arata exhaust and PC3 USB. You mentioned that you have the standard map in your PC3. Have you downloaded and tried any of the archived maps on the Dynojet website? I have a custom map for my bike, but I've compared it with some of the full exhaust maps that Dynojet has available. They are quite similar.

I can only assume that you replaced the plugs with the correct replacements and they're gapped properly. Given that, I suggest that trying another map might lead you in the right direction. If you have the accellerator pump utility loaded into your PC3, maybe its set wrong. If its not there, you might try it. I have it loaded, but my bike runs very well and I haven't felt the need to try it.

Good luck and experiment!

3. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

battery terminal grounding to the frame?

4. Quik208

Quik208 Well-Known Member

Could it possibly be a flat spot in the rpm where there is not power?

5. racindego

racindego Well-Known Member

I had the exact same problem on my 05 636. It turned out that the PCIII was getting hot from the exhaust and was acting up. I took it off, problem solved. I bought a new one and have not had a problem since. Try taking it off, see what happens.