1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Zx10r suspension settings

Discussion in 'Tech' started by Newtothegame, Aug 30, 2021.

1. Newtothegame

Newtothegame Well-Known Member

I just purchased a 2020 zx10r and I don't like the way it feels in the corners on the street. It has all stock suspension components, I was wondering if anyone had the stock suspension setup for the bike and if anybody around 170 lb could possibly tell me their suspension settings

2. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

What don't you like about it?

3. Newtothegame

The person who had it before me was probably 50 pounds heavier.i have a feeling that the suspension was adjusted for his likeness. The bike is very stiff on basic bumps but most importantly i feel unstable in the turns. It's a krt addition and I'm not sure if sets that way from the factory

4. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

Have you bothered to check the tire pressure? Turn any clickers?

5. Newtothegame

Tire pressure is gd, previous may have that's why I was wondering if anyone had the stock specs

6. duc995

duc995 Yep…

Stock or upgraded springs? Have you asked the previous owner what was done to it?

You may want to get a back issue of Roadracingworld magazine: vol 26 issue 9, September 2016.

“Open bike shootout” “ …on the street/on the track/ on the dyno…”

Assuming your never bike hasn’t had the suspension re-sprung/re-valved it may help you. 1B788066-3488-4073-969A-DDCD4ED1E692.jpeg

Last edited: Aug 30, 2021
  7. Newtothegame

Stock suspension components, you think it needs a re-vavle at 5,000 miles?

8. duc995

duc995 Yep…

Wasn’t implying that at all. I was concerned that the previous owner might have done that. That’s why I was hoping you had clarified that with previous owner. If he is that much heavier than you a spring change might have been in on the po’s agenda.

And when you say the tire pressure is good …what exactly is it?

9. beathiswon

beathiswon Well-Known Member

I recommend getting "RaceTech's Suspension Bible" Race Tech's Motorcycle Suspension Bible by Paul Thede: New 9780760331408 | eBay If you don't mind spending some time reading the book it gets into suspension setup and types and is a great read for beginner-intermediate suspension tuning. Not a replacement for a good pro tuner but can help to make your setup much better and you can do it yourself. Check around some of the discount book sellers for used versions at lower prices. I farted around for several decades with tuning/rebuilding my own suspension, getting info wherever I could (before the internet age) and learned about 1/10th of what I learned by just reading this book. Also know that there is a ton of bad info on the net and in some other sportbike forums although the WERA site has many that know their stuff.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2021
  10. Newtothegame

Front 32..rear 34

11. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

Where are you located?

12. Newtothegame

Philadelphia area

13. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

Our shop is up in Pipersville, just north of Doylestown. About 45 minutes from the city proper. You might need nothing and you might need something, but you're going to get a lot further a lot faster dealing with a shop that does this every day.

14. Bruce

Bruce Tuck & Roll

Go see Mike if you're that close. That's a no-brainer.

15. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

You break all of Mike’s work, Bruce.

MDM is very reputable and has serviced very fast and notable racers. He’s seen it all.

Bruce likes this.
  16. Bruce

Bruce Tuck & Roll

Dude I break everything! :crackup::blart: