1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Zimbabwe

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by tzrider, Nov 21, 2017.

1. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Am I alone in thinking that Mugabe stepping down will bring no discernible differences to the population?

It's seriously lining up to be more of the same... Just a different type of crazy.

Hope not.

2. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

I’ve seen it in the news but haven’t read too much about it. Would you care to provide a summary or some links?

First thoughts would be to agree. Nothing I know of would suggest that there could be something different.

3. FlynScotsman

FlynScotsman Well-Known Member

About effin time, he has run a great country into the ground....however I believe you are correct, there will be little change on the plight of the people.

4. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Does this clear the path for Black Panther to take over as king?? He and Stark will have that country whipped into shape in no time.

bleacht likes this.
  5. zx6rfool

zx6rfool Stacks Wood

I do see a discernible difference in those who would assume to provide a new free election. If however the implications are misleading and a military coup is in effect, then I see a degradation.

FlynScotsman likes this.
  6. FlynScotsman

FlynScotsman Well-Known Member

"I do see a discernible difference in those who would assume to provide a new free election." 'Free Elections' and 'African Nations' are not normally words in the same sentence with a positive connotation. I hope this is not a military power grab and the military are executing the will of the people however in African politics this is rarely the case.

7. GRH

GRH Well-Known Member

Isn't everyone rich there?
    image.jpeg

8. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

I have not heard much other than he was out. Hopefully your guess is wrong as that was once a food exporting free country instead of a starving communist one. Be wonderful if they were free to improve their lot again without dictators, warlords or confiscatory communal crap.

9. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

I've read a little about the guy who orchestrated the non-coup and he is basically a copy of Mugabe as he has been doing Mugabe's right hand man since the beginning. This article has a pretty good synopsis:
    http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/1...der-could-be-enforcer-known-as-crocodile.html
    I was there back in 2008 just a week or see before the election and it was really a sad place. Went into a grocery store and the only thing on the shelves was a couple blocks of cheese that I guess no one could afford and salt The rest of the shelves were completely empty. The cash actually had expiration dates on it and you would see $100,000 bills just laying on the ground as they were basically worthless. The people I met were great and deserved better.

sheepofblue likes this.
  10. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Not very optimistic here either. I hope they prove me wrong.

11. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

The good news is the coup was surprisingly well managed, no bloodshed.

But the army was basically acting out on a 'Anybody but the wife' political platform.

Probably someone saner (for now) is now at the helm but the 'self-interest' seems as strong.

12. zx6rfool

zx6rfool Stacks Wood

Based on the public opinion of the wife, it seems like the 'Anybody but the wife' solution prevented a potential civil war.

13. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Looking like the opposite of what is going on here.:D

14. intrcptrrdr

intrcptrrdr Well-Known Member

15. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

16. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

They will continue doing what they know.
    Nothing will change.

17. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Originally, according to what I've read and heard, when Mugabe came into power, he was a deciding factor in turning the country around from the destructive path it was on. As the years went by he became more of a brutal dictator instead of the leader he was at the start. His wife would have continued the same path as her husband. The country may not improve much with new leadership but it's still better off.

18. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

The new petty dictator always looks more attractive at first than the old petty dictator.

19. Big T

Big T Well-Known Member

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss

As he was VP until just days ago, I don't see much hope for change. Those in power will continue to live large, while the people starve

20. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

I
    kinda like modern liberal leaders huh....