1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Zac chapman one tough athlete

Discussion in 'General' started by Sleeping Psycho, Aug 31, 2010.

1. Sleeping Psycho

Sleeping Psycho Well-Known Member

I travelled to Dallas, TX for a business meeting and left a day early so I could go meet Zac Chapman and his Dad Fred. With Zac's dad, I watched Zac work his ass off in rehab therapy. Then after that he went straight to speech and swallow therapy and worked his ass off doing that. His hard work and determination as i witnessed is that of the elite athlete he is. After he was done with his rehab therapy, I was fortunate to have the opportunity to introduce myself to Zac. I made sure Zac and his dad know there are a lot of WERA bbs folks out there praying and pulling for him; I'm just one of many. I'm glad I got to meet this extraordinary young man and hope everyone continues to stand behind him.

2. Sleeping Psycho

Oh forgot to mention, Zac's dad Fred is one tough athlete too as he has to be to be by zac's side and try keeping up with him.

3. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Yep Zach has came a long way!! GO ZACH!!!!!!

4. dom

dom Dom-N-Ator Racing

He was even at the CMRA races this past weekend

5. Spyderchick

Spyderchick Leather Goddess

Very cool, Chris! Did you get any pix while you were down there?

6. Sleeping Psycho

Zac and his dad Fred told me he had a blast at the CMRA races this past weekend. As a racer with racing in his blood, Zac was reunited with his preferred environment. Seeing his friends and smelling the race fuel was great medicine for Zac and his dad who have both been busy with rehab.

Alexa, I did not take any pics because he had just finished working out and they would not have done him justice. when he works out at rehab, he GOES Dickie Speedmaster FLAT OUT.

7. six6two

six6two AWD

:clap:

8. BC

BC Well-Known Member

I envy you. That fella is at the top of the list of peeps on the BBS I want to meet some day. "Inspirational" just doesn't do him justice. :bow::bow:

9. jrockcolors

jrockcolors Well-Known Member

We were pitted across from the TVR team that weekend at VIR. I was able to meet and get to know Zac as I was sitting in my chair watching him cut his cast off a freshley broken leg. Every time he would come in someone in our pits or his would have to get his stand and we would crackup as he hobbled to a chair.
    Talk about one strong SOB... His times were smoking fast that weekend with a broken leg.

It has been great to read how much better he is getting. I look forward to sharing laughs with him at the track again one day.