1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

YZF in V7?

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by OWO1, Jan 15, 2005.

1. OWO1

OWO1 Well-Known Member

Anybody run a YZF750 in V7? I'm looking to pick one up for a good price and give it a shot. Is there anyother class I can run it in besides V7HW?

Thanks,

Jason B.

2. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

Modern B classes, B superstock (depending on modifications) B Superbike and Formula 1. If you are in the novice ranks its more rider than bike IMO. Heavyweight Solo 20 race on Saturday for extra practice if nothing else.

Good luck

3. Outsider V6 V7

Outsider V6 V7 Well-Known Member

Jason, Bob Henderson runs a YZF 750 in V7 and Bill Brown runs one with a 1000 motor or a really good valve job however you want to look at it. Bike seems fairly competitive if it's set up right. You'll want to look at more power a couple of years down the road when you feel you're getting all you can out of the 750. Either way you'll have a blast hanging out with the Pimp'n crowd.
    Eboz

4. BSRACING

BSRACING New Member

I race a 95 yzf600 in V7MW. The little brother to the 750 goes pretty good against the larger displacement bikes. so I think the 750 would fit in great.

5. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

I've got a '95 YZF 600. I think it may be faster than the F3 I'm racing.

6. melch

melch V7 Pusher

Try hooking all 4 of the plug wire's up.I know you think your saving fuel,but your not and it really will run better.:D

7. Outsider V6 V7

Cmon Stickboy you know you gotta have a big gun to play down here in the dirty south. Displacement rules are for kids!!!! Looks like V6 LW will be the class to be in. I'm currently fitting Bryans F2 wheels to the FZR 400. Sure it won't make me any faster but can you really put a price on Bling!!!! Sometimes it's more important to look good than finish good, besides the turbo creates too much heat if I run it over 13lbs boost. Quoting Caddyshack, if you don't keep score how do you compare yourself to other players Ty. By length of course!!! I win.
    Eboz
    Pimp'n into a new year.

8. stickboy274

I have been trying to get a motor to go big with, but it just hasn't happend, and now I don't have any cash.

Someday maybe I'll have a big motor bike to fight with, but it will probably just make the pretzle handle worse.

9. MES Racing

MES Racing Well-Known Member

Since displacement rules are for kids and the V7 classes have been split ... can I run my 750 in the MW class too?

10. stickboy274

Sure. Like I said, I need entries so I have a shot at some tire money.:D

11. MES Racing

What about protest ... oh, wait a minute, El Skwid doesn't run that class:eek:

That won't work, Mongo won't even let me run the '91 in the V6 and I'm down on hp against everyone, plus the bike weighs 30 lbs more than an '89.

12. stickboy274

Don't worry about that. I'll order the 600cc stickers tomorrow. You'll be all leagal and junk.

Trust me. Nobody will know nuthin'.

13. MES Racing

You're right Stick ... as slow as I am, they'll wonder how the moped got in the class.

14. Outsider V6 V7

MES, it's bad enough we have to worry about Bryan now that these races are combined. And to top it off we're building an fzr 400 so bryan can chase doug and I. He insists he will also run it in V6 Heavy Weight. Could be a handfull on the short tracks.
    Eboz

15. melch

melch V7 Pusher

Well pimptastic,they have Spinach 7MW and V6HW the same race so Im SOL unless they change.

Did I tell you that you and I are gonna race clubman 2up on my F2.Can you stay sober that long??:cool:

16. MES Racing

Melch ... you better let him drink ... you know he rides better when he's hung-over.

17. melch

melch V7 Pusher

Found you one

Hey MES,I found you a frame if you want it.Its either an 88 or 89.It doesnt have forks but the swing arm is still on it.Its leaning against the wall at an auto shop.He said they put the motor in some kind of car.The frame looks straight and he said he would take $100bks for it.Let me know if you want it and Ill pk. it up.

18. MES Racing

If it's an 89, then I can use it. Check the vin number, either on the left side of the frame or on the steering head.
    Thanks Melch.

19. Outsider V6 V7

Just stay out of my way until I need you to block someone. You know how we work. T-bone didn't win 3 SE Championships and 2 National Championships playing fair.

20. melch

melch V7 Pusher

Actually it was 4 Se and 2 National.Have you not had your bloody mary this morning?