1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

YZF 750 clutch issue

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by omnivore, May 26, 2015.

1. omnivore

omnivore Well-Known Member

SO I had my first weekend on the new-to-me YZF750.
    In my first 2 races, as I lined up waiting for the lights to go out, I was revving and ready to launch....same as I do on my other two bikes. I am a pretty good starter historically speaking.....Lights go out and I feed out the clutch andon with the the throttle....and BANG BANG....the clutch is grabbing suddenly and HARD....small wheelie, I quickly feather it a little, it comes back down and I feed it out, and it grabs again....I tried this twice, and then for my final Sunday, I just relented, and left like anyone would leave a normal stoplight ont he street, relegated to dead last into turn 1, and then played catch-up for longer than I would have liked before I could begin passing.

My 96 YZF 600 racebike used to do the same thing. Anyone have any insight? Mt R6 never did, nor does my CBR 929

2. omnivore

3. yamageezer

yamageezer Well-Known Member

Hmm, never had that issue with mine when it was newish. Interesting info though.

4. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

grooved up clutch basket.... get a new one...

5. omnivore

6. FED34FIRE

FED34FIRE Well-Known Member

Starting Lights and a Parade Lap w/Flag. Wow! What series do you race in? Building a YZF750 right now for next season. :beer: